Thread: Colour wheel and tools shifted up the screen

Colour wheel and tools shifted up the screen

Hi,

It's been a while since I opened Artrage or visited these forums so forgive me if I've missed this exact question.

As you can see from the screenshot, the tools and colour palette moved up the screen. They can't be shifted back, though I did fix the problem by saving, closing Artrage and opening up again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Artrage tiff.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	168.2 KB 
ID:	93306

At the time I was trying to use the transform tool (which transformed but wouldn't save my transformation), after having just opened a tiff created in different software (to a new file) to use as an underpainting. As I was using the transform tool everything else disappeared from the desktop. I could only get out of the transformation by pressing esc (I think), which is when my palette and tools jumped to that position.

Hope that made sense.
    Cheers

Am using Artrage 5.0.4 on MacOS Sierra v 10.12.5.

Okay, this might be a wonky display issue (we've seen a couple of similar problems in 5, though those have been fixed so this will be a new variant). Can you right click on the corner (the green lined bit) of the corner pickers and see if it offers a tear off or stick back to edge option? (Knowing which one it is will tell us if it's actually out of place, or just switched to 'torn off' mode).

If you can't stick them back to the edge, go to Edit > Preferences > Panels and reset panel positions. See if that fixes it properly.

If it doesn't, or if you can get it to happen again, we will need aaaall the details for bug fixing purposes

Ok. I'll keep my eye out for the corner pickers and let you know if it happens again.

Thank you!

Just to be clear, this is actually what SHOULD happen if you had deliberately torn the corner pickers off and left them floating there. It's the jumping out on their own that shouldn't have happened (and possibly the place they jumped to).