Thread: Intuos Pro - tilt not working at all

Intuos Pro - tilt not working at all

I just bought Wacom Intuos Pro with tilt support (and tilt works in other programs). I used to have Wacom with no tilt support.

I just do not see any tilt effect for rotation/angle/etc. in any tools in Art Rage - I have tried all the "set stylus properties" and "preferences - tablet preferences".
    I have tried to search manuals and forums.
    I reinstalled wacom drivers and reinstalled Art Rage.
    No results.

a) Is there no tilt effect in Art Rage?
    b) Is it possible, that Art Rage "remembers" my old Wacom which did not have tilt support?

Test it with the pencil and the airbrush, those tool show tilt the most dramatically (tilt in ArtRage is based on real life tools, so it doesn't always seem to do much - most other programs tend to use it to control tool size instead). If it's definitely not showing, can you check if tilt is working in another program, if you have one that supports it?

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Test it with the pencil and the airbrush, those tool show tilt the most dramatically (tilt in ArtRage is based on real life tools, so it doesn't always seem to do much - most other programs tend to use it to control tool size instead). If it's definitely not showing, can you check if tilt is working in another program, if you have one that supports it?

Yes, I tested Intuos Pro with Corel Painter and pen tilt/angle really is detected. In Art Rage it would be nice to control very flat oil brush or paint knife with stylus tilt (now the brush angle is affected only by direction of the stroke).

It would also be nice to have some tilt indicator in Art Rage to see, how it receives tilt/angle from drawing tablet.

Okay, so no tilt shows up with the pencil or airbrush tools in ArtRage? At all? It's important to know if you're just overlooking it/need help using it or if there's an actual problem.

1) which version of ArtRage are you using? Some of them support tilt differently, so that may be the problem. I can tell you exactly what you should be seeing if you can tell me the edition/version.

If it's anything but version 5 (lite or full), can you try the AR5 demo and tell me what happens? www.artrage.com/demos (this will tell us if it's an ArtRage-settings problem or an edition problem).

Stuff to test in 5:

- does live tilt work for the pencil or Airbrush?
    - does tilt control rotation for the oil brush?

2) If tilt is DEFINITELY not working : Go to Edit > Preferences > Input and make sure only ONE of Wintab or Realtime Stylus are ticked, in case they're clashing somehow (you only need one, but the best one depends on your set up).

3) (just in case) have you ever changed any stylus properties? If this is an option in your edition (e.g. 4 or the full 5), you might have set up something weird with your stylus. Open the settings for the pencil tool and see if you can access a menu in the top right. If you can, look at 'set stylus properties' to see if Tilt Angle is set to do anything. Also look at the 'stylus control center' to see if you have a stylus profile active for your stylus that might be set to something unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Okay, so no tilt shows up with the pencil or airbrush tools in ArtRage? At all? It's important to know if you're just overlooking it/need help using it or if there's an actual problem.

1) which version of ArtRage are you using? Some of them support tilt differently, so that may be the problem. I can tell you exactly what you should be seeing if you can tell me the edition/version.

If it's anything but version 5 (lite or full), can you try the AR5 demo and tell me what happens? (this will tell us if it's an ArtRage-settings problem or an edition problem).

Stuff to test in 5:

- does live tilt work for the pencil or Airbrush?
    - does tilt control rotation for the oil brush?

2) If tilt is DEFINITELY not working : Go to Edit > Preferences > Input and make sure only ONE of Wintab or Realtime Stylus are ticked, in case they're clashing somehow (you only need one, but the best one depends on your set up).

3) (just in case) have you ever changed any stylus properties? If this is an option in your edition (e.g. 4 or the full 5), you might have set up something weird with your stylus. Open the settings for the pencil tool and see if you can access a menu in the top right. If you can, look at 'set stylus properties' to see if Tilt Angle is set to do anything. Also look at the 'stylus control center' to see if you have a stylus profile active for your stylus that might be set to something unexpected.
    OK, problem solved.

It WAS the residuals of previous Wacom driver/tablet. I removed Wacom application from windows->settings->apps and removed wacom drivers from Devicemanager/userinterface device. Then I installed all Wacom stuff back again.

Somehow Art Rage remembered my old tablet, some other programs did recognize the new tablet.

This tilt functionality seems really effective now (oil paint, knive, pencil etc), when it receives data properly from driver!

Thank you very much for your kind help!