Thread: Paint Tube question

Paint Tube question

The Paint Tube draws a black line at the bottom.
    Is it possible to use the Paint Tube without this black line?
    Sorry for my bad English (I never had English education)

That line is the shadow of the paint; if you flatten the paint out with another tool, it will go away. You can also turn the lighting off entirely using F5 and paint without any shadows or highlights visible.

Thank you HannahRage for the quick answer,

I use the Paint tube and the Palette Knife (default Wet) to mix colors for the sky, but with the lights off, I lose the structure which the palette knife created, and it shows a flat paint.
    (And the black line is getting mixed so white becomes gray)

Okay, if the black is actually mixing into your paint, that's actual paint. The only way you should be adding that is if you actually painted black onto the canvas somehow.

The only way you should be adding that is if you actually painted black onto the canvas somehow.
    Started a new painting with "Special/cell" canvas and tested it. The result was a much more realistic sky.
    So can it be that the canvas was the problem?

Did you import an image before? Or paint with black at some point? It sounds like there was paint on the canvas somehow, but without knowing more about how you got to that point, I can't tell you how you added it. You should be able to find the layer it was on by toggling the layer visibility on and off in the layers menu one by one.

Or it is just the shadows, it's just making the thick paint look grey - if it vanishes when you press F5, that's all it is. A cell canvas has no texture, so no shadows on the background itself.

I have used merge layer, and I used the Undo and played again with the Paint Tube and the palette knife
    Last edited by JMMK; 07-12-2017 at 05:20 PM.

Now I started a new painting with the same canvas as I have used in combination with the problem, and now I get a normal Paint Tube, as you said with a light shade, rather than under the total stroke when I painted from bottom to top in one stroke.
    (I have problems with writing in good English, so I hope you understand me)

So it must be the merge and paintng over it again in combination with the undo

It sounds like there was paint on the canvas somehow
    So this must be the reason.

Once again thank you for helping me with the solution of the problem.