Thread: Art Rage 4 keeps crashing at random points

Art Rage 4 keeps crashing at random points

I have Art Rage 4 installed on a Cytrix (Mytrix?) tablet, using Windows 10. I hadn't use the tablet for several weeks as I couldn't get a replacement AC adapter. The battery completely was drained during that time. I finally got a new AC adapter, but Art Rage keeps crashing after a few minutes at random points -- no apparent pattern. What can I do? How would I re-install Art Rage?

Random crashes aren't good!

You would reinstall ArtRage by downloading it from members.artrage.com; you'll need to create an account and register your serial number if you haven't done so before (find it under Help > ArtRage Serial Number). This probably won't help with the crashes unless you have an out of date version with an old bug.

Steps for troubleshooting/fixing:

1. Make sure ArtRage is up to date (Help > About ArtRage, last version of 4 is 4.5.10).
    2. Make sure your device drivers are up to date.
    3. Start your computer in Safe Mode and see if you still experience crashes.

If yes, then it's something in your actual computer or ArtRage (could simply be memory, could be something more serious).
    If no, it's something else. Most likely suspects are the tablet drivers for your device, or any antimalware programs. Anything that runs in the background and affects other programs can cause problems like this.

So if ArtRage stops crashing in Safe Mode, go to Edit > preferences > input and just untick everything, then start the computer normally again and see if there are still crashes.

Then come back and let us know what happened so we can keep troubleshooting (or drop us an email at [email protected]).

The problem seems to have been a Windows update that failed to install. Indicated in Windows Settings/Update & Security/Update History. Problem solved using Windows Update Diagnostic available at Microsoft website. Clicked Download Windows 10 version (or something like that). Waited. It seemed to be doing nothing, but the update problem was solved. Automatically restarted, etc. So far no more crashes in Art Rage.

BTW latest version 4 is 4.5.10 No further updates were available.

...sorry, my brain mixed up 3.5.12 and 4.5.10. 4.5.10 is the latest *fails tech support*

Glad to hear the problem was solved!