Thread: ArtRage5 Demo - latency during the drawing.

ArtRage5 Demo - latency during the drawing.

Hello,

On the same computer where I already installed "ArtRage4" and "ArtRage3 Studio Pro"; I installed "ArtRage5 Demo".

Compared to "version 4 and 3", "version 5 demo" has some latency during the drawing phases(pencil, oil, watercolor, etc): little but present.

While "version 4 and 3" does not present this problem; do you have any hidden settings to activate in the "version 5 demo" to reduce this latency? Or is the demo not optimized?

Thank you for any help,

My computer:

Processor: AMD Athlon (tm) X4 860K Quad Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~ 3.7GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Device Name: Wacom Tablet Intuos 4 M

Ok, you should NOT be seeing more lag in the AR5 demo than a previous edition. If there's a noticeable difference, something is wrong. The first thing to check here is the tablet driver settings in AR4 and the AR5 demo, as they might be slightly different (and tablet driver problems = so many weird issues). Go to Edit > Preferences > Input and see if there are any differences.

@inc, I'll hop over to your thread next.

Hello,

I found out what did not work and I guarantee that the problem was just about installing my graphics tablet. Not in "Artrage 5 demo"

1- In the preferences of "artrage 5 demo" I set "Input Device -> Precise Tablet"
    2- I updated the drives to the Windows version - Driver 6.3.23-1 of 07/07/2017
    3- Now I start the program always with the click from the graphics tablet pen: I have the idea that windows 10 puts intuos 4 in standbay and that artrage does not recognize it. It's possible?

Now all tools work without latency.

I continue to do my tests with "ArtRage 5 Demo", but I am definitely going to buy the new version of Artrage! Great new version!

Thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by labsft View Post

I continue to do my tests with "ArtRage 5 Demo", but I am definitely going to buy the new version of Artrage! Great new version!

Thank you,
    definitely worth buying
    and thanks for sharing your success to solve the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    @inc, I'll hop over to your thread next.
    thanks

best

Quote Originally Posted by labsft View Post
    Hello,

I found out what did not work and I guarantee that the problem was just about installing my graphics tablet. Not in "Artrage 5 demo"

1- In the preferences of "artrage 5 demo" I set "Input Device -> Precise Tablet"
    2- I updated the drives to the Windows version - Driver 6.3.23-1 of 07/07/2017
    3- Now I start the program always with the click from the graphics tablet pen: I have the idea that windows 10 puts intuos 4 in standbay and that artrage does not recognize it. It's possible?

Now all tools work without latency.

Thank you,
    Wonderful, I'm glad to hear that you managed to solve it, and that you are enjoying ArtRage 5. The various driver/Windows input settings can cause all kinds of weird side effects, so it's possible it was meant to do that. Or just that it wasn't working properly in that specific combination of settings.