Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Naughty Reference behaviour

Naughty Reference behaviour

One of my students with a Samsung tablet has a lot of problems with her ref photo responding to being moved about and resized. We tried for ages yesterday.

Sometimes it just freezes, and other times it jumps to a tiny size, which can be almost off the canvas.

Any ideas?

Hmmm. Can you tell me the following things?

- is this the latest version of the app? (if she goes to the menu > about, it will list a version number.)
    - what is the memory usage like? (e.g. check the current active apps and RAM, as well as available storage space and whether the ArtRage gallery has a lot of paintings in it).
    - does she have any other problems with gestures, or is it just the reference image?

Thanks Hannah, I will pass those queries on to her. I won't see her personally until next week.

Is this the first time this happened to her or does this happen on a regular basis? I was thinking of getting a Samsung Tablet as well and if a Samsung one is prone to having problems with the app I might reconsider it.

I think she has, but will talk it over with her a bit more when she comes next week.

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    I think she has, but will talk it over with her a bit more when she comes next week.
    If you get her to email us directly at [email protected], it would probably be easier all round; this might just be her having trouble with gesture input, or it might be a weird ArtRage bug, but we'll actually need to know what she's looking at and give her things to try.

I'll go over it with her on Wednesday when I see her again.

We both worked on trying to move it, and enlarge it last week, and it definitely wouldn't budge.

I was having problems like that on both Artrage and Medibang and I was not sure what was going on--for me, Old Bear Paws, the solution was simple--I was used to drawing conventionally and parts of my hand would touch the screen (without my knowing of course) causing all sorts of hi-jinx. I learned to keep the hands clear and the drawing fingers diligent. Of course on my phone I now use a stylus and I have less problems. May not be your problem but take a hard look at how she draws too.

No, I have watched her try, and so have I, so it's not that. I'm thinking it's a memory issue. We've cleared some files, and merged layers down, and she's had no more problems since. We will see!

She seemed to, but i think her pressure sensitive stylus was not working the way they're supposed to. I have an Ipad, and an Adobe Ink and Slide, and it is most annoying because with the tools on fine lines, it can become very hit and misss. I keep going back to a common rubber tipped one because of it.

She's away at the moment, so I'm going to reassess with how her's works when she returns. I still think it might be a memory issue with her full gallery, etc, for the ref.