ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Pixels amount and accurace?

Pixels amount and accurace?

I export ar2-work to .jpg format. Example drawing size is 500-500.

Drawings actual size is on monitor 13,2cm*13,2cm.
    (Measured ruler.)

Then i open it photoshop and it shows it's image-size box values 72pix/inc=28,3pix/cm. And drawing actual size 17,64*17,64cm. But when i measure actual size on monitor surface it is still same 13,2*13,2cm.????

I change photoshop image-size box values so that drawing size is still 500-500pix and resolution 96pix/inc=37,7pic/cm.

Am i right if i suppose that artrage program use 96pix/cm=37,7pix/cm pixell accurace?

Or is this information important to know?

I think that monitor-view this 37,7pix/cm accurace is enough quality but what about paper-printing?

This pixell-accurace and drawing size is little bit difficult to understand.

:?:
    Live, Love Do it Peace.

Maybe it is only photoshop thing.

But is accurace 28 or 37 pix/cm, when artrage2 export image?

I measure ruler this 500*500 piz canvas and it was 13,2cm, which means 37,7pix/cm.

Selection "new painting canvas size" and "use screen size" show my computer view-canvas size is w1280-h994. (view size is 34cm-27cm)

Of cource can done so big drawings canvas size that is it not a problem but then file-size increace un-need amount, file sizes comes too big.

I made image-size calculator so can maybe understand better what i mean. can load it hear (both english and finnish text)

http://www.moheitulkuri.fi/tiedostot...okolaskuri.xls

This accurace-quality pix/cm is therefore important when i made drawings to bigger monitors (hdtv or so on) or bigger paper printings, like A0-standart.

Or i thing so?

:?:
    Live, Love Do it Peace.

Hmm.. I'm not certain I understand perfectly, but this conversation seems like it would be related to one about the pixel size of an image, its printed size, and dpi? If not, sorry for misunderstanding. If so, perhaps Dave's and Andy's posts in this thread will shed some light on the matter?

- Gita

Well, really 72 DPI as monitor resolution is only an approximation. It's the default that windows assumes, but it's not necessarily accurate.
    DPI is really only a useful measurement when you're talking about printed output, where there is a direct correlation between the number of dots of printed output in an inch of paper.

Internally in ArtRage we dont even use DPI - everything is pixel-based. We only add the 72 DPI parameter when we export to Photoshop PSD.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage
    Well, really 72 DPI as monitor resolution is only an approximation. It's the default that windows assumes, but it's not necessarily accurate.
    DPI is really only a useful measurement when you're talking about printed output, where there is a direct correlation between the number of dots of printed output in an inch of paper.

Internally in ArtRage we dont even use DPI - everything is pixel-based. We only add the 72 DPI parameter when we export to Photoshop PSD.

Thanks.

Still not yet 100%clear issue this canvas-size-pixel accurate issue for me, but like they says, never dont stop to ask if you want to learn new things.

Live, Love Do it Peace.