Thread: Artrage Vitae: where is the serial number?

Artrage Vitae: where is the serial number?

Hello,

I just bought Vitae through the Microsoft website. All went well, but I have 2 questions:

-I don't see a serial number anywhere, not even within the app itself. Is there one?
    -I bought Vitae without signing in with a Microsoft account, so other than the payment record in my email I neither have the serial number nor the installation file if in the future I need to reinstall it. How should I proceed in that case?

Hello and welcome to the forum Aledin. As you have found ArtRageVitae when purchased from Microsoft doesn't come with a serial number or installation files. If you purchased thru the Microsoft Store you will be able to reinstall it if necessary from there. Retrace the steps you took when you bought the app and it should take you to this window. Note that it says 'Open' as I already own it. Should be the same for you.

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  18.7 KB
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Hi Enug,

Thank you for your reply.

It's indeed as you say. Looks like if I click on the "Upgrade to Vitae" link in the Members Area here I get the "Open" link. I can do that as long as that link to Vitae is there. Otherwise if I just visit the Microsoft page I still see the purchase button, as if I never bought it.

However it concerns me that if a simple link changes and we need to reinstall Vitae we might lose access to something we have already purchased.

I wish there were a way to link Vitae to our account here as before, that is with a serial number or other codes.

4. You might not require a serial number for Vitae, so bear that in mind. Certain applications' license data is linked to your Microsoft account rather than a serial number, which is entered during installation for such applications. If the app is listed and activated, you can check your account to see if it is.

It's advised to create a Microsoft account and link the purchase to it if you didn't have one when you made the buy. In the event that you ever need to reinstall it, doing this will guarantee that you have proof of purchase and access to the installation files. Microsoft support is available to help you link your purchase to your account.

Quote Originally Posted by Aledin View Post
    Hi Enug,

Thank you for your reply.

It's indeed as you say. Looks like if I click on the "Upgrade to Vitae" link in the Members Area here I get the "Open" link. I can do that as long as that link to Vitae is there. Otherwise if I just visit the Microsoft page I still see the purchase button, as if I never bought it.

However it concerns me that if a simple link changes and we need to reinstall Vitae we might lose access to something we have already purchased.

I wish there were a way to link Vitae to our account here as before, that is with a serial number or other codes.
    I've expressed this concern as well, but they seem to have no plans to address it. 6 is the last version you can own.