Thread: Oil Paintings in ArtRage 5

Oil Paintings in ArtRage 5

Hi Everyone! I'm somewhat new to ArtRage having messed around a bit with it a few years ago on my iPad 4, but I've recently purchased v5 and have been really enjoying it so far. I'd love some feedback on my paintings so far. I've been taking the Schoolism.com course 'Essentials of Realism' and have been enjoying all the understanding I've been gaining from the instructor, so here's my first two ArtRage oil paintings:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170703_StillLife_03_small.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	179.4 KB 
ID:	93214Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170704_StillLife_02_sml.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	464.1 KB 
ID:	93215
    Last edited by hoodedrobin; 07-05-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Me gusta!
    Tu estilo es muy original, especial, y se puede apreciar un buen manejo del color y las texturas...

Web translation:
    I like it!
    Your style is very original, special, and I can appreciate a good use of color and textures ...
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Have a look at the YouTube videos from "Draw Mix Paint" or Geneva Fine Arts. Mark Carder has some very keen insights into painting realism that can be applied to ArtRage as the tool.

Robert Hopkins

Damasocl: Thankyou for your kind words of encouragment, I feel my style at the moment is 'so much to learn' at the moment I feel as though the objects i paint appear too flat (I can definitely see it in my above paintings) and so I'm currently focussing on trying to get better dimension through value and hue. I'm really enjoying the challenge of trying to get everything in close proportion without tracing over a photograph...it's tricky!!

Robert: Thanks for the video recommendation, I'll certainly set aside some time to watch it.

Looks good! I did one year at Schoolism . Jason Seiler course. A great artist... I needed more then just one year. The hole summer I didn't did nothing. It's quite expensive. I going to take a course at Proko. Then you really can learn I your own page. The material is forever.

Very nice.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Danny: Yes they have a whole range of great courses, they had a promo a couple of weeks ago for $10 a month for 6 months so I decided to take the plunge and I'm so glad I did. Proko is also great, I haven't quite got to anatomy yet but when I do I'll check his training out more thoroughly.

D Ankey: Thanks

Here's another one I've just completed...I may go back and do some touch ups but at this point I think I'll call it done, you can check out my instagram page www.instagram.com/mr.josh.bowman for the replay

Name:  20170708_stillLife_02_sml.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  134.5 KB

This flowers are amazing!
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee