Thread: Steady Stroke

Steady Stroke

Please consider adding similar function like the Steady Stroke in Sketchbook Pro. Thanks.
    Hardware:
    Windows 10 Pro Hexcore workstation 24GB + Cintiq 22HD, Windows 10 Surface Pro 4 i5

is it an autodesk equivalent of lazy nezumi/hej stilus?

Do you mean like the Smoothing feature for the pen/pencil/custom brush? (go into the tool Settings and poke around to turn it on).

If you want this across all tools, this might not happen as each tool works differently, but it would help to know if you want *any* stroke stabilisation versus a different kind

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Do you mean like the Smoothing feature for the pen/pencil/custom brush? (go into the tool Settings and poke around to turn it on).

If you want this across all tools, this might not happen as each tool works differently, but it would help to know if you want *any* stroke stabilisation versus a different kind
    Sketchbook Pro's steady stroke seems to be a combination of stabilization and smoothing. To trace a complex curve, AR's smoothing works very well. It isn't as precise as steady stroke where its trailing cursor helps to see the stroke's direction.
    Hardware:
    Windows 10 Pro Hexcore workstation 24GB + Cintiq 22HD, Windows 10 Surface Pro 4 i5

Right, so something sort of limiting the movement of the cursor as you draw, as well as/rather than affecting the stroke itself?

As a workaround to that, try adding a stencil (/converting the curved shape to a stencil) and setting it to Guide mode, it should have a similar effect (if you have an edition with that feature).

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Right, so something sort of limiting the movement of the cursor as you draw, as well as/rather than affecting the stroke itself?

As a workaround to that, try adding a stencil (/converting the curved shape to a stencil) and setting it to Guide mode, it should have a similar effect (if you have an edition with that feature).
    I find smoothing at 100% works very well for tracing, sometimes it takes a couple of tries to get the desired result. Steady stroke is more precise and works in all tools in Sketchbook Pro. This web page shows what it is https://goo.gl/WSWPdj . It's more for drawing that needs precision such as industrial design sketches. Most of industrial designers use Sketchbook pro, I like the natural look of AR vs digital look from Sketchbook.

My workaround is copy and paste layers back and forth between AR and Sketchbook.
    Hardware: