Thread: lighting editor???

lighting editor???

Windows 7&10 ArtRage 5.something (don't know, but the newest ) ---

After going through the manuals (4 and additions of 5) I have been reading old threads right now because I was looking for a way to make light come from a different direction than upper left. In 1 or 2 old posts (from 200x?) somebody mentioned a lighting editor, for the future or as an addon? No idea...
    So, is there a lighting editor? Is there a way to change the direction of the lighting when editing the canvas settings?
    Thanks
    astrid

ps I try to post this and get something with security connection failed...

There isn't a lighting editor currently unfortunately so it's fixed from the top left.

Re. the security error: I'll ask our web developer to see if there are any issues with the server that may have caused this.

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    There isn't a lighting editor currently unfortunately so it's fixed from the top left.
    😢 maybe sometimes in future?

Re. the security error: I'll ask our web developer to see if there are any issues with the server that may have caused this.
    The 2nd time it worked... And thks for the answer 😊

*However*, if you use the Layer Effects in ArtRage 5, you can adjust the lighting direction on the effects. You might find that turning off the background lighting (or leaving it active and turning up the strength of the layer effect) and adding manual embossing or other effects gives you the result you need (this won't always be perfect, it depends a lot on what you are trying to do and what tools you use).

https://www.artrage.com/manuals/gett...layer-effects/