Thread: Record on Ipad Innacurate No.2

Record on Ipad Innacurate No.2

I recorded an Ipad painting to play on my PC, and it came through seriously corrupted. I have it in Dropbox for you guys to see the script, and will email to advise as well. Bit big to email.

It will be something to do with using a tool set to 'colour', as I coloured a duplicate layer underneath, then set to multiply, then merged.

Here are the images:

The way it should look -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0550.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	234.4 KB 
ID:	93172

After playing on the PC

Name:  dova ruined.JPG
Views: 451
Size:  76.1 KB
    Last edited by copespeak; 06-28-2017 at 05:19 PM.

Not an expert here Robyn so take my question(s) with a total grain of salt: are you using standard brushes that come installed with AR on both platforms? Do you have the brushes set exactly the same on the iPad with the same names as what is on the PC? Could you have a custom brush installed in the PC version with the same name as an iPad brush?

Maybe one of the pro's will ask the next question against mine.

To me, it just looks like the PC version is using different brushes and/or settings per brush.
    Robert Hopkins

Hi Robert, great question.

Yes, just standard brushes. The script is totally created on the Ipad, and not added to on the PC. Just played. I do push the envelope on the Ipad, trying to get similar results as on the pc.

I think it stemmed from the colouring of the layer image below, with the Ink Pen set to 'colour'.

The combination may not have been tried before, so a good bug to send to the gurus!

Now, I've reread your post Robert. The settings on the brushes should stay the same in the replay, I would think?

Could you possibly send the script to [email protected] (please Zip/Archive it first, that should make it significantly smaller) and we can take a look at it. If there's a missing script command on the iPad then we can go in and make sure that is corrected in our upcoming update.

Will do. Sorry it's been a bit slow coming.