Thread: ArtRage 3.5.12 Studio - Linux

ArtRage 3.5.12 Studio - Linux

I am a Windows user but my intention is to switch to Linux. ArtRage is a program that I like and I would not have to give up, for its speed and simplicity, and for its good tools for sketching and inking.It does not hurt anything about Linux, but I need to know if my old ArtRage 3.5.12 Studio, which came with my Wacom CTH 680, works well in the most popular distros (I had thought of Ubuntu or Linux Mint). I also do not know how Wine works, and I would like someone to explain to me what I should do to install and run my version of Artrage, if possible.It's important to me, because if I do not get ArtRafe to work, I might rethink the use of Linux ...
    I am a Windows user but my intention is to switch to Linux. ArtRage is a program that I like and I would not have to give up, for its speed and simplicity, and for its good tools for sketching and inking.It does not hurt anything about Linux, but I need to know if my old ArtRage 3.5.12 Studio, which came with my Wacom CTH 680, works well in the most popular distros (I had thought of Ubuntu or Linux Mint). I also do not know how Wine works, and I would like someone to explain to me what I should do to install and run my version of Artrage, if possible.It's important to me, because if I do not get ArtRafe to work, I might rethink the use of Linux ...

While we can't provide support for Linux directly there are a couple of threads relating to it here: https://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?48547, and here: https://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?86

My understanding is that for a while the only part that had a critical problem was the installer which required a Microsoft call that Wine excluded at some point. However, it sounds like it's working with ArtRage 5 now.