Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to make

how to make

How do i make a good looking night sky with stars?

I like to use glitter for stars (or lots of ink pen dots and then duplicate that layer a lot and paste it everywhere ;D ), but there are also some good Custom Brush options now.

Tips:

- needs to be very small dots, scattered randomly
    - vary the colours and sizes slightly (light blue, light yellow, don't just use white)
    - vary the distribution a LOT
    - cheat! after you've added a bunch, just copy and paste them and resize and flip to fill in more stars easily
    - try smearing afterward (this is why Glitter can be good! You can get a nice twinkle with the flat palette knife sometimes)
    - or duplicate the final layer and then add a Blur effect to create a soft glow around each star.

I sometimes do this too, use glitter for stars But thanks for sharing your tips on that, really appreciate when artists do that.

@Rondo What kind of picture do you want to make if I might ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Nacroma View Post
    I sometimes do this too, use glitter for stars But thanks for sharing your tips on that, really appreciate when artists do that.

@Rondo What kind of picture do you want to make if I might ask?
    As i see a lot videos of rl painters,i see lately "painting with Jane" where she makes a real good looking kind of star system. well....something in that style

Cool! I haven't painted in quite a while now. Haven't heard of "painting with Jane" yet, maybe watching her videos might help me get back to painting? I really liked painting but I kinda grew out of it a bit because I kept thinking I wasn't good enough and eventually gave up

this is the vid i'm talking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsTnNTSdp04
    And thinking your not good enough has brought man/woman kind to the point we are now,because what ever we have done in the past, we have done it over and over again just because we tough it was not good enough And sometimes????? you have to be "selfies" and thinking about yourself,what is good for you has to be good for a other or they can walk away lol

ahh thanks! I already had a look at it and her style is amazing wow, I wonder if could ever pull this off. I love how her work looks so real. Especially the Sunrise over an alien planet one. I was blown away by how good she really is. I subscribed to her right away!
    And yeah, maybe you're right I should start being more selfish and think more about myself

I think Chery had an issue with translation thinking of how to get a star effect in a room. It was a nice effort to be helpful I think. This is a somewhat weak Google translation of what Chery wrote:

He opens you like a fairy tale Or in the evening you can buy blue star lights around your room to have a starry night in your room.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

no i did not....gone have a look at it i guess?