Thread: Add view panels off/on when pressing the tab key

Add view panels off/on when pressing the tab key

Currently, as far as I know there is no way to turn off un-docked panels from "not" displaying when pressing the tab key in ArtRage Preferences. Only docked panels disappear when the user presses the tab-key.

Two extra things...

1. If you agree with this post (or any other posts in the suggestion's forum) then please post a quick reply by just saying +1. If you disagree let us know why. How can the ArtRage team know how important these suggestions are to fix/enhance if we never speak up! Myself included.

2. Is Hannah on vacation? It has been over a week since she posted on the forums.
    Robert Hopkins

Hello Robert,
    Well, it’s a Yes & No from me
    On the one hand there are often times I too want everything but the canvas gone but equally there are just as many times I want the references etc… to stay. How to let AR know what I want to remain on screen…

As for Hannah I don't know but if she is on holiday I'm sure she's having a great time away from working
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Thanks for the reply Mark!

I guess the only way to resolve a true/false display of a panel upon tab-key would be to put a clickable (and save it's value globally) at the bottom of the panel if you want it displayed. Sounds like a little bit of a pain to program huh? But, that way it is customized to your preferences in regards to how you prefer to use the tab-key with panels.

Hannah is a fun and dedicated Rager. I too hope she is having a great time.
    Last edited by HwyStar; 07-06-2017 at 09:26 AM.
    Robert Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by HwyStar View Post
    2. Is Hannah on vacation? It has been over a week since she posted on the forums.
    Can't get anything past you lot Yes, I was on holiday. It was very nice and relaxing, and I got to visit family around Australasia

The 'hide specific floating panels' thing is tricky, as you have already noted - ideally you dock the stuff you want hidden, leave the permanent stuff floating round the screen, and set it up to exactly the layout you want, so adding another layer of view toggling may end up being overkill. But we do pay attention to this stuff, and revisit it when considering updates, even if it doesn't show up for a long time (or never, if it's unworkable or just not the right time to add it). So post away!

Thanks Hannah, and the forum is happy to have you back from your holiday!
    Robert Hopkins