Thread: Surface Pro 4 lag

Surface Pro 4 lag

I haven't used AR on SP4 in a while. Maybe it has something to do with Windows 10 Pro last major update, now I notice AR has a significant lag that makes it impossible to draw short quick strokes . Very short strokes don't get registered at all, because the stroke ends before it can be registered. The lag persists regardless paintings resolution. The lag only occurs in AR 5. No lag in Sketchbook Pro 7, Photoshop CS6. Please advise.
    Hardware:
    Windows 10 Pro Hexcore workstation 24GB + Cintiq 22HD, Windows 10 Surface Pro 4 i5

Sorry to hear about the problem, it sounds like it may relate to the input model being used but if you could contact [email protected] we can go through some troubleshooting steps to get it solved for you.

Tuning the input device settings in preference eliminates 95% of lag, but ultra short strokes still don't register. The culprit is the multitouch, there's no lag with multitouch turned off. Interestingly multitouch zoom still works on reference window and also works on canvas (just once), if you pinch zoom on canvas immediately after use it on reference window. Anyway, I can live without multitouch. But it would be nice if AR can be completely lag free with multitouch enabled, like Rebelle 2 and Sketchbook Pro. I'm using AR v5.05.

Name:  snip_20180218085750.png
Views: 373
Size:  90.5 KB
    Last edited by javafuel; 02-19-2018 at 06:18 AM.
    Hardware:
    Windows 10 Pro Hexcore workstation 24GB + Cintiq 22HD, Windows 10 Surface Pro 4 i5

Thanks for the update, those details should help us track it down a bit more easily.

edit: Actually, can you email us at [email protected]? We'll need some very specific details about your system and that will be much easier by email.