ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: SQUIDGY SOUNDS!!!!

Gallery
    View images

SQUIDGY SOUNDS!!!!

When painting on canvas with oil or acrylic ,

I remember (I havent touched a real brush for 1 year )

the sounds that is made when
    mixing....
    swirling....
    dabbing...

squidges and swishes and scraping .................

:lol: well maybe not.........
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Gallery
    View images
    Please don't be talking about a tooth brush.

:lol:

Gallery
    View images
    Enchanter, You forgot stepping on the cat! Here's another idea, how about adding some smells? I love the smell of turpentine and coffee in the morning! :shock:
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day! Joe V.

Gallery
    View images

Re: SQUIDGY SOUNDS!!!!

the sounds that is made when
    mixing....
    swirling....
    dabbing...
    To me that's cool for kids picks but most of us would probably go pretty batty with this. I think more effort should be in the feeling of natural tools. Sound effects are just not totally necessary.

Gallery
    View images
    a repeating sound file would get pretty annoying after a short while, but a dynamic generated sound might not be. there could be a brush stroke sound which could be generated to change texture and amplitude with the pressure and speed of the pen/mouse stroke, and the material which the brush is moving across. dabbing would generate a sharper sound depending on the pressure, speed, and material also. different tools and their different sizes would have different sounds also.

of course this is unnecessary to the outcome of the artwork, but a bit of fun never hurt anyone. plus it would be a great challenge in programming, and very original. This has been the computer scientist in me talking, so i might even have a go at trying to develop something like that if i ever have some free time. could be fun.
    I think, therefore I am..... I think.