Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One of my paintings

One of my paintings

This was my 5th or 6th painting in ArtRage if you don't count failed attempts. Let me know what y'all think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Apple_Pastel.png 
Views:	188 
Size:	424.5 KB 
ID:	93091  

Well. My eyes are dim I cannot see. But. I think going by the stalk. There a apple hiding from my view But from

The little I can see. It looks good. Congrats JM for making me strain my eyes so early in the morning I'm no wondering

Wether or not should I go back to sleep. (:--)). CIAO. IVAYA. CON DIOS. SLAINTE

A dark and realistic partial rendition of a very malformed apple and thus somewhat unclear and malevolent. It is opaque and unsettling. Is that what you were going for?

I love this! A unique perspective and the deep red and texture is so good! You've painted this beautifully.

Well I'm not at a point with ArtRage or painting in general to pick a mark and really accomplish it so yes and no I suppose. I wanted something that was realistic but didn't look exactly like my reference photo. I dabble in a little photography too so I took the photo of an apple I had of the not so round variety sitting on a table next to a window. I stopped down quite a bit to create the dramatic shadows in the reference photo to have something to work from. Overall I was pretty happy with the result it looks dramatic which is what I was going for when I took the original photo.

Quote Originally Posted by valueforvalue View Post
    Well I'm not at a point with ArtRage or painting in general to pick a mark and really accomplish it so yes and no I suppose. I wanted something that was realistic but didn't look exactly like my reference photo. I dabble in a little photography too so I took the photo of an apple I had of the not so round variety sitting on a table next to a window. I stopped down quite a bit to create the dramatic shadows in the reference photo to have something to work from. Overall I was pretty happy with the result it looks dramatic which is what I was going for when I took the original photo.
    What kind of drama were you going for?

I like it a lot - looks dramatic - works for me. Nice work.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Valueforvalue I think it's very well done esp as a sixth work. Hope you keep em coming.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOwnt View Post
    What kind of drama were you going for?
    Well drama might not have been the best description but I couldn't think of another. I really like a lot of shadows and window lighting in photography. It seems to go nicely in paintings as well. Thanks for the kind words, I'll keep practicing hopefully I'll improve with time.

I think it's a spiffy apple in a very dramatic lighting situation that shows a taste of the color and texture (like flavor) rather than the whole apple. Like I just took a bite and it was delicious.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream