Thread: Vermeer challenge

Vermeer challenge

I'm giving an Ipad/Artrage demonstration at a gallery on the 25th June, so am polishing my skills.

I tried this on my pc a few years back, and gave up. Then I watched a glorious documentary about Vermeer this week, so felt compelled to come back for another try.

Doing it on the Ipad was more challenging, great fun, and I think I got an ok likeness. I'm sure I'll have another look and fiddle a bit more.

What a great artist he was!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0445.JPG 
Views:	218 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	93090

Hi Robbie yes looks great. On the IPad well I've had a IPad for years and never tried a painting on it but only 2 days ago
    i tried. Princess. Diana. But only in B/W

But seeing yours. I might have another Go OK. CIAO IVAYA CON. DIOS SLAINTE

Good on you Eighty! It's got less bells and whistles, but you can often find a way around them.

HI Robbie ok you've stired me to haveing another go on the IPad ok now as my teacher can you tell me how to get it
    On my Main computer as the last one I done of Princess Diana I was lucky as the D/Nurse had come to rewrap my
    legs and she had with her a young Tranee who knew Computers and in 5mins had put it on my main Computer to my
    amazedment so if possible Robbie can you either tell me or show me how before the Reaper comes calling for me
    regards E+ or Ploos

Go to the Artrage icon at the base of your painting, choose 'export image', then choose from the choices offered. If you want it to go straight into your Artrage program, choose the .ptg file. Then you can export it via email, Dropbox, etc, or ask your nurse how she did it.

If you want to preserve the method of working, record a script, which is created when you begin a new painting, on the canvas selection page there is a 'record script' option. But you need to finish your painting on your ipad in one go, as the record stops if you do. But, if you do a record, you can open it in your pc and make it larger at the beginning of the play, and save it at the end.

Good luck Eighty, keep that Reaper at bay!

No Robbie no joy Maybe my IPad is too old 1st Gen ; ok CIAO SLAINTE

The best thing would be to ask your nurse to talk you through it. Hopefully!!

Ok Robbie thanks. I'll try to go to the apple shop If the legs can stand the journey Ciao. IVAYA CON DIOS

Spoil yourself Eighty, you're worth it!

Looks like a fun course. Like casting pearls before artists. That's the good way to say it. Bet they'll have fun and get some good results with your hand to guide.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream