Thread: Artrage 5 crash at start

Artrage 5 crash at start

Hello everyone,

I have a big problem actually ... I have artrage5 and I used it since is out .... that's been 2 months now that i didn't use it at all and now when I start the software, it's just crash I can't do anything ...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xbc.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	93088

I tried desinstall and reinstall it but that's the same ...

Anyone have any idea ? I really need it right now

My PC is good with 12 Go Ram and I use windows 10 64 bits and my tablet is a wacom cintiq 27 QHD.

I tried what is there but don't work and I don't have any olds drivers.
    https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...hes-on-startup

Thanks for your help !
    Last edited by Warfost; 06-11-2017 at 04:39 AM.

That's not good! Okay, the first thing to check is that you have the latest version (5.0.4 from members.artrage.com) in case you're running into an already fixed bug.

Next, you need to try deleting the preferences file, which isn't removed when uninstalling.
    Go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Ambient Design\ArtRage and look for 'ArtRage5.prs'. Delete that and see if you can start ArtRage.

If that doesn't work, start your computer in Safe Mode and see if ArtRage works then, then report back.

Thanks for your answer, I tried everything on your list and only the safe mod work with artrage

How can i do, please ?

If Safe Mode works, then something else is the problem. This may be drivers, or it may be something like an antivirus program.

Two things to try next (in any order, they come at the same problem from different directions):

1. Go back to Safe Mode and open Artrage. Go to Edit > Preferences > Input and untick everything you can see there. Then go back to normal mode and see if you can start ArtRage now. If you can, it was a tablet driver problem, and we can start fixing that. This page is the next place to go: https://www.artrage.com/faqs/tablet-...es-on-windows/

2. Go to Run > type msconfig > tick Diagnostic Startup.

You can then start up 'normally' but without your usual programs, and turn them on one at a time to see when ArtRage stops working. You might need to add each program back to the startup list individually and keep restarting, or you might find that just starting something up breaks ArtRage.

The most likely problem programs are tablet drivers and antivirus programs, so start with those.

Thanks for your answer, so for the first part everything is untick, I tried to put Wintab ON and Artrage was crashing again ... So I tried the second with only RealTime Stylus ON and it work.

The pression is ok so far, if I put down "windows ink" it's like I have no pression settings no matter if I press hard or not the size and gradient are the same so I will stay with it.
    I will give i a try today for like 1-2 hours and see if all works, tell me since I untick everything on the preferences does somes options will be missed for me ? Like for doing a good detailed work like blending etc .... ?

Thanks again for your help

Do I still have to try the part "2." you give ?
    Last edited by Warfost; 06-13-2017 at 11:14 PM.

You do not have to try part two, as we know now that it is definitely the tablet drivers.

You only need one of Wintab or Realtime Stylus, so stick with Realtime Stylus. You should be able to turn all the other options back on without causing problems, but if anything strange happens, try turning different ones off and on again.

Windows Ink is weird, it sometimes helps and sometimes hurts.

Ok, I will try it, in any case thanks alot for your help and your fast respond !