Thread: Full House

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Full House

kind of excited and a gush of energy and texture, just the rush of spring and warmer weather is having on me...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Full House.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	543.8 KB 
ID:	92916  

Looks nice. You're getting splashier and making designs unto their own sense of what works and doesn't. You're breaking rules, so that's very cool and may identify you with a style which is what you've sort of been seeking all along if I'm not mistaken. Probably looks great on garments as accents unto themselves.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Looks nice. You're getting splashier and making designs unto their own sense of what works and doesn't. You're breaking rules, so that's very cool and may identify you with a style which is what you've sort of been seeking all along if I'm not mistaken. Probably looks great on garments as accents unto themselves.

Thanks I am glad someone finally commented on my recent posts, either we have a lot of shy people here or my work is too scary to
    comment on . Anyway using my works as the basis for garments, pillow, bags etc on VIDA has had and interesting effect, I was forced to focus on specific sections of works
    and found I like the more simple and bold graphic effects, which then found their way back into some of my recent works. And I have been watching some great You Tube videos from MOMA and learned a lot and was
    very inspired by people that were new to me ( Agnes Martin for example ) . I have found that AR5 has so many great new features especially layer effects and the custom brush they in themselves are igniting the fires
    of inspiration in me. D Akey Hope all is well in your world great to hear from you again.

I think the silence could be linked to a number of things some of which might be:

1) AR at one point deliberately was targeting the casual user as opposed to going after the pro market. Cost. Playful Features. And I think they actually said it at one point when everybody was bouncing around new feature ideas. The point of mentioning that is that we probably are seeing a more casual user group, many, if not most of whom are not educated in terms of how to critique art. There were also a bunch of people who didn't want comments beyond a word or two.

2) You're off in modern art and many people just can't relate to modern art. We've been around that discussion many many times. But it's an acquired taste, let's say. I *think* your stuff is more a language than anything else and Google doesn't have a translation choice for that yet.

3) I don't see a whole lot of comments being posted period. I think it says a lot about a few years down toward saturation from when the internet was fresher.

4) People generally know that any art that gets posted will likely be stolen. And many of the professional artists have sort of put their cows in the barn so to speak so they can control the commerce of it more.

And there's a thousand other things. But the upshot is it's not ten years ago anymore.

Don't take it personally. You're doing great.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    I think the silence could be linked to a number of things some of which might be:

1) AR at one point deliberately was targeting the casual user as opposed to going after the pro market. Cost. Playful Features. And I think they actually said it at one point when everybody was bouncing around new feature ideas. The point of mentioning that is that we probably are seeing a more casual user group, many, if not most of whom are not educated in terms of how to critique art. There were also a bunch of people who didn't want comments beyond a word or two.

2) You're off in modern art and many people just can't relate to modern art. We've been around that discussion many many times. But it's an acquired taste, let's say. I *think* your stuff is more a language than anything else and Google doesn't have a translation choice for that yet.

3) I don't see a whole lot of comments being posted period. I think it says a lot about a few years down toward saturation from when the internet was fresher.

4) People generally know that any art that gets posted will likely be stolen. And many of the professional artists have sort of put their cows in the barn so to speak so they can control the commerce of it more.

And there's a thousand other things. But the upshot is it's not ten years ago anymore.

Don't take it personally. You're doing great.
    all great points and well taken,

I struggle a lot with appreciating 'modern art'. I agree with D Akey comments completely.
    So let me ask some questions. You call this Full House. I see the top of a cane, the claw of a crab, maybe a snake and perhaps a beetle. I do not see house, doors, windows, so why call it full house? The colors are eye catching and if this was on a wall, I would clearly stop and look at it, but would not really appreciate it. How should I be looking at this? If you were standing next to me explaining this to me, what would you say?