Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Full House

I clearly failed to notice the detail that went into this. Most colors are outlined, not just color thrown onto a canvas but clearly planned. A bunch of different textures. Lots of different colors and I see now that the lines are different widths and boldness.
    I had looked at it and liked the colors but dismissed everything else. I put it on a 20 inch screen and enlarged it and what a difference.

Glancing at it does not do it justice.
    Yours is a great explanation and good comments by D Akey as well. I have not been to the recommended internet sites, will will look at them.
    Thanks very much for the time you took to write back. I will clearly look closer now at this type of work.

Quote Originally Posted by carlcath View Post
    I clearly failed to notice the detail that went into this. Most colors are outlined, not just color thrown onto a canvas but clearly planned. A bunch of different textures. Lots of different colors and I see now that the lines are different widths and boldness.
    I had looked at it and liked the colors but dismissed everything else. I put it on a 20 inch screen and enlarged it and what a difference.

Glancing at it does not do it justice.
    Yours is a great explanation and good comments by D Akey as well. I have not been to the recommended internet sites, will will look at them.
    Thanks very much for the time you took to write back. I will clearly look closer now at this type of work.
    carlcath I am very happy that you took the time to go back
    and look again, it does much better at full scale as you found out. I think places like this forum brings together a wide variety of artistic styles, and abilities and
    it has always been a place to share without fear of unwanted criticism.. so I am pleased we connected on this topic..

Gary yes first of all I do Like your extra colourful painting. I must say I've enjoyed the Discussion

with Calcath ... Capt'n Mac And yourself most enlightening for this old dodger I now must look

at all the artist you have suggested. Not to turn myself into abstract as I'm well past

thinking as the brain is on a slow down and its only happy with copy work where it doesn't

have to think too much OK CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    Gary yes first of all I do Like your extra colourful painting. I must say I've enjoyed the Discussion

with Calcath ... Capt'n Mac And yourself most enlightening for this old dodger I now must look

at all the artist you have suggested. Not to turn myself into abstract as I'm well past

thinking as the brain is on a slow down and its only happy with copy work where it doesn't

have to think too much OK CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE
    eighty+, hey I am very
    happy you found this discussion interesting, you just stick to your guns with your painting, you are doing great, and just
    enjoy the dialog and videos about abstract painting...