Thread: Anne Hathaway- first submission

Anne Hathaway- first submission

Hi everyone! I've just joined the forums, and I'm completely new to digital art, having only started this week. I've fiddled about a little, using various tutorials, but this is my first image I consider a whole piece. I've still got A LOT of learning to do, and in particular- how to add shadows to skin, and blend it in without the almost negative looking white areas (as in this image!). Please be kind to a newbie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anne Hathaway v2.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	120.3 KB 
ID:	92834  

Welcome to this wonderful forum. It's good that you check out tutorials. I learned a lot from those on YouTube.. It take time to learn.. A good painting takes time.. And i can be very frustrating sometimes..Good luck! :-)

Hi Metalamma ok its coming along good congrats ok you'll get lots of help in the forums

CIAO SLAINTE

Thumbs up

Thank you danny72 - yes, this painting frustrated me no end with the shadows not doing what I wanted! I decided it was best to leave well enough alone, before I made things worse haha

Thank you eighty+
    I can tell the forums are very helpful, so I will head over shortly to pick everyone's brains