Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ipad Collage

Ipad Collage

I decided I would push my students to create a collage on their Ipads tomorrow, so created this image to see how far I could push it. Lots of layers, blend modes, importing external images, and then using Artrage brushes I have created to get the different effects.

It's a challenge on the Ipad, because there are fewer bells and whistles......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18222169_1591937517501612_52915511856099529_n.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	92799
    Last edited by copespeak; 05-02-2017 at 11:43 AM.

Well what can I say !? Yes Its just great To see You again I'd given up Hope its been

so long I've Forgot your 1st name : CopesPeak CIAO SLAINTE

IVAYA CON DIOS

My dear friend Eighty, so lovely to hear from you. I hope you're well and painting furiously still. I'll come and have a look at that ever lengthening thread of yours and see what you're up to!! xxx Robyn

WOW your back - couldn't believe my eyes!

Hi Robyn,

I love your ipad collage, very inspiring I have an ipad and Artrage on it but have not really explored the possibilities I love your collage
    it shows your sure hand and elegant sense of colors... it has been a very long time since we have heard from you so I could hardly believe
    my eye when I saw a post from you... since you are teaching classes things must have worked out some healthwise for you. I still have your
    cupcake painted in my kitchen area!..

Hey Gary, great to hear from you too!

You should pull the IPad out and give it a roll, it's a challenge working small, and with fewer tools, but it's a case of gotta, now I have a group of enthused ladies coming once a week.

I gave a big demo on my pc in January at a natural medium exhibition where I had a solo show. 50 people turned up, which sprouted lots of keen people. I could hold three classes per week, but haven't the energy for that.

There was also a David Hockney exhibition on at the NGV in Melbourne, so peoples' interest was piqued by that as well.

I now have another big demo in June, just on the IPad, so I have to get the projector out and figure how to get it up onto the wall.

Health wise, stable enough, but still have issues which stop me wearing glasses looking at a screen for too long.

I see you're working furiously and still producing wonderful work. I was showing my students what you do last week, so they could see how pushing colour and beautiful marks can make great paintings.

I'm on my IPad now, but will post my examples from the last two weeks lessons shortly. It might get you enthused!
    Last edited by copespeak; 05-03-2017 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Hey Gary, great to hear from you too!

You should pull the IPad out and give it a roll, it's a challenge working small, and with fewer tools, but it's a case of gotta, now I have a group of enthused ladies coming once a week.

I gave a big demo on my pc in January at a natural medium exhibition where I had a solo show. 50 people turned up, which sprouted lots of keen people. I could hold three classes per week, but haven't the energy for that.

There was also a David Hockney exhibition on at the NGV in Melbourne, so peoples' interest was piqued by that as well.

I now have another big demo in June, just on the IPad, so I have to get the projector out and figure how to get it up onto the wall.

Health wise, stable enough, but still have issues which stop me wearing glasses looking at a screen for too long.

I see you're working furiously and still producing wonderful work. I was showing my students what you do last week, so they could see how pushing colour and beautiful marks can make great paintings.

I'm on my IPad now, but will post my examples from the last two weeks lessons shortly. It might get you enthused!
    so good to hear from you Robyn!, yes health issues tend to get the upper hand of us all, but so happy you have found a way to express your creative energy, that is a life giving blessing to us all. I saw some of the work David Hockney was doing on ipads etc and it is exciting stuff. So do you use AR with a stylus? if so which one... you are tweaking my interest so please post sounds like you live in a cosy new place with a studio more suited to your current needs... take it easy dear friend and I am looking forward to seeing more from you.

ps check out my wearable art HERE.
    and my new website HERE

Re: stylus, yes, I use the most basic from China for a few dollars, which pushes my skills. I did some research, and was looking at getting an Adonit Touch, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

The creme de la creme is the Apple Pencil, by most reviews, but you need the top of the range Ipad Pro, which I'm not into buying yet. I've just got a second hand Ipad 4, and it does what I want it to do at the moment.

Of course the full program is the go to for my art, and I haven't done heaps for a while. I packed up my life and moved onto an acre closer to town and built a fabulous little house/studio, which is just heavenly. It's taken 12 months to get it finished and on the rails, and this old bird is very fit from planting trees and landscaping, etc. Very rewarding.

I LOVE your wearable art! Your painting style lends itself beautifully to applying it that direction. I really love the cushions. Just fabulous, clever man.

Good to see you're still up and at 'em, Robyn. Teaching too. Fantastic!

Did they ever figure out what your ailment was that pulled you away?

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hello to you Mr Akey! Great to see you're still here and giving cheek.

No, they called it 'idiopathic', which means no apparent cause (or someone's an idiot!). I still have most of it, plus the feet are slowly losing sensation, but hey, life has got to grabbed by both hands, and there are so many worse off than me.

Your iPad collage!

Hi Robyn,

liked your collage a lot and I know how challenging that would have been on your iPad. In fact, that was why I've decided to post here after four or five years away from the forums - a bit like yourself! I do still look at the forums from time to time and happy to see some old names up there!

I have used iPads over the past few years, although still have, and rely heavily on a Windows PC and Surface Pro 3, and now do most of my art work on an iPad Pro.

I still think that ArtRage is the top software for desktop PCs, even though I do not have the very latest version. However, ArtRage for IOS is, to my mind, a rather clunky app which is such a pity and it would be great if the Ambient team could address this - although I understand that there may be a move to do this.

When other manufacturers, Apple in particular, tell us that the PC is 'old hat' and that the future is mobile then I think that software producers should take some note of that. My iPad Pro has a lot of technology built into it and I would dearly love to see a version of ArtRage that could utilise this and open its potential to the full. Easy, of course, for me as a lay-person to say this without understanding the hard work that goes into producing software! However, there is an app for IOS which does cut the mustard and that is ProCreate which has been designed exclusively for the iPad - there is no PC version of this software - and works very well indeed. This post isn't intended as a plug for ProCreate as even that software has some shortfalls, but rather a plea to the guys at Ambient to perhaps take the iPad a lot more seriously.

Buying the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil has got me back to messing around with art, and for that I'm grateful.

Keep up the good work with your iPad classes!
    With very best wishes,

Tony