ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Layer Effects Video -Brilliant

Layer Effects Video -Brilliant

Just seen the layer effects video on YouTube and it's brilliant.

Please compliment the narrator, she had a very pleasing voice and an appealing RP accent.

Pat

That was probable Hannah. "I think" she does most of their videos.

Hannah: You need to update your microphone setup for the videos. I was having trouble hearing you. I use a Blue Yeti microphone for my computer voice recording. They get good reviews by many.

Flattery will get you everywhere

It wasn't the microphone's fault, it was all me talking too quietly. I've edited the audio and uploaded a new version (something tells me I'll be needing to do that a lot!):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-7lekwWPRA
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Laughing ...

... seriously, the volume when I listened was perfect, it was obvious that the narrator with the beautiful voice (Hannah has now owned up!) was speaking quietly ...

Perhaps I had the new uploaded version ...

... anyway I strongly recommend the video ...

Thanks for updating the audio Hannah! It has helped. You ARE a sweetheart and the Queen of ArtRage!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat McDonald View Post
    Laughing ...

... seriously, the volume when I listened was perfect, it was obvious that the narrator with the beautiful voice (Hannah has now owned up!) was speaking quietly ...

Perhaps I had the new uploaded version ...

... anyway I strongly recommend the video ...
    No, you definitely had the old version I could understand myself fine because I knew what I was saying and I didn't have any background noise around me at all, but when I went back to it to listen after the comments, I went 'whoah, that's... really quiet'. Luckily there are sneaky technical ways to boost volume

And thank you, I haven't done any voiced stuff before, so it's very reassuring to hear someone can understand me (and bonus, I lucked into the right accent for this sort of thing ).

Quote Originally Posted by HwyStar View Post
    Thanks for updating the audio Hannah! It has helped. You ARE a sweetheart and the Queen of ArtRage!
    Glad to hear that! And thank you for commenting, I'm definitely experimenting a bit here, so feedback helps (I can see about ten things I would fix in that video if I could, I just need a bit more practice streamlining everything). And I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who can tell how often I forgot what I was talking about because I got distracted by the stuff on the screen... ;P

I'll probably be concentrating on the technical stuff the most because I know ArtRage inside out so I can be the most useful there and there are already a lot of good artists with painting videos around, but I do pay attention to what people want to see - so if people have requests, you're always welcome to let me know. It just may not show up for awhile
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Apart from the accent, which is, let's be honest, very important, Hannah's natural, conversational delivery was perfect.

I've watched a lot of YouTube videos and getting the delivery right is clearly far harder than it looks.

BTW, did you know that there is a small industry on YouTube of young ladies with Home Counties' accents teaching non-native English students correct English pronunciation.

A new career beckons ...

I'd be OK at teaching Manchester-English!