Thread: Art Rage 5 Does Not Install on My Windows 7 Professional Operating System

Art Rage 5 Does Not Install on My Windows 7 Professional Operating System

Purchased Art Rage 5 on-line at this web site in response to an email I received recently from Ambient Design explaining the release of this new version and offering a discount.
    Took the downloaded file named “install_artrage_5_ windows.exe” home and attempted to install on a computer desktop by Dell with Intel Core Duo and Windows 7 Professional.

I cannot install the Art Rage 5 program on my computer. When attempting such the installation process stops and a dialogue box opens that reads like this:
    “A File that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet file C:\Users\StephenBackUp\AppData\Roaming\Ambient Design\Art Rage 5 5.04\install\disk1.cab has an invalid digital Signature. This may indicate that the cabinet file is corrupt".
    I have included an attachment where I took a copy of my desktop with the installer progress bar and dialogue box that resulted using print screen. Please note that the program "Blender" in the background was not running at the time I was attempting to download the Art Rage 5 program, nothing else was running on my computer at that time except the installer, in fact I do not have any internet connection for this computer so no on-line interference could be the problem.
    What exactly is wrong here, how can I correct this problem and install the program?

Have Art Rage 4.5 on the same computer and did not have any trouble installing that version, runs perfectly. From past experience attempting A different copy of Art Rage 4 (yes I bought two copies of the program) on another computer running Windows XP Professional had to use a work around of installing the program on a thumb drive and then transferring the program to the hard drive. Tried installing Art Rage 5 that way and the same problem with the same dialogue message occurred and the installation closed without installing the program.

At this point it appears I have purchased a program that is unusable and will not install, anyone able to help me out of this mess and get this program installed properly?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Art Rage Problem Dialogue.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	198.8 KB 
ID:	92737  
    I have a personally designed artwork gallery website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

Your home computer isn't connected to the internet, correct? It's probably well behind on Windows updates, including the relevant file that tells your computer that the ArtRage 5 installer is safe to install (we have to use up to date security certificates, we can't just keep using old ones!).

Updating Windows 7 would probably fix this for you, but if that isn't an option, there are some workarounds listed here:
    https://www.artrage.com/faqs/windows...tal-signature/

Reply, token of appreciation for assistance.

Looked over your link to page for how to bypass this problem. Thanks for your time and consideration, will try these options and get back with how results work out.
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

Before I leave the library today decided to let you know that I was successfully able to install the program on a thumb drive. Will take this home and attempt first to turn off the digital signature requirement within internet explorer and then attempt a fresh install. If that fails I will then transfer the installed program on my thumb drive to the computer according to the instructions that I have copied and pasted to a doc/rtf file to use at home to follow in detail.

We'll get back to you next week, probably the next chance I will get to the library and use the internet again. Thanks again for your time and consideration, advice and instructions most helpful.

Well at least one work around did successfully help me get use of Art Rage 5. Of the 3 options mentioned in your link to a web site page Option 1 "Copy the ArtRage files from another computer" resulted in my ability to use the program on my home computer with Windows 7 professional. I attempted Option 2 "Turn off digital signature checking" and the result did not change anything, program would not install and same dialogue message. Option 3 was never tried, looked a bit too much trouble searching for the right files and risk. Thanks again.