Thread: Art Rage 5 Does Not Install on My Windows 7 Professional Operating System

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Art Rage 5 Does Not Install on My Windows 7 Professional Operating System

Purchased Art Rage 5 on-line at this web site in response to an email I received recently from Ambient Design explaining the release of this new version and offering a discount.
    Took the downloaded file named “install_artrage_5_ windows.exe” home and attempted to install on a computer desktop by Dell with Intel Core Duo and Windows 7 Professional.

I cannot install the Art Rage 5 program on my computer. When attempting such the installation process stops and a dialogue box opens that reads like this:
    “A File that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet file C:\Users\StephenBackUp\AppData\Roaming\Ambient Design\Art Rage 5 5.04\install\disk1.cab has an invalid digital Signature. This may indicate that the cabinet file is corrupt".
    I have included an attachment where I took a copy of my desktop with the installer progress bar and dialogue box that resulted using print screen. Please note that the program "Blender" in the background was not running at the time I was attempting to download the Art Rage 5 program, nothing else was running on my computer at that time except the installer, in fact I do not have any internet connection for this computer so no on-line interference could be the problem.
    What exactly is wrong here, how can I correct this problem and install the program?

Have Art Rage 4.5 on the same computer and did not have any trouble installing that version, runs perfectly. From past experience attempting A different copy of Art Rage 4 (yes I bought two copies of the program) on another computer running Windows XP Professional had to use a work around of installing the program on a thumb drive and then transferring the program to the hard drive. Tried installing Art Rage 5 that way and the same problem with the same dialogue message occurred and the installation closed without installing the program.

At this point it appears I have purchased a program that is unusable and will not install, anyone able to help me out of this mess and get this program installed properly?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Art Rage Problem Dialogue.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	198.8 KB 
ID:	92737  
    I have a personally designed artwork gallery website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.