Thread: Wacom can't map buttons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wacom can't map buttons

Trying to set up my Intous 3 but nothing happens when I map functions to the tablet keys , is AR5 locked to it's own presets ? Seems like it should be possible to map things like undo to the tablet keys same way I would in any other program , have I missed a setting in AR5 somewhere ?

I think the pen button mappings are locked, which drives me nuts. I always want to map the eyedropper onto the pen somewhere - more critical than the eraser in my workflow. As it is I can usually get what I need using expresskeys, but it's annoying to work two handed when one hand would do. (OSX)

Hmm… well I think this reply isn’t going to help either of you much I’m afraid but I’ve had no problems using my Intuos4 settings from the get-go with AR5. I’ve even re-maped things in AR5 to take better advantage of some of AR5’s features without any problems.
    I’ve not tried setting the Erase button on the pen for colour picking but will give it a try later tonight and see what happens.
    Please forgive this next bit, and I know it's kind of obvious, but are you sure that the key commands you have in AR5 for the actions you want to map are identical to what you have set in the tablet’s preferences?
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by axeslayer View Post
    Trying to set up my Intous 3 but nothing happens when I map functions to the tablet keys , is AR5 locked to it's own presets ? Seems like it should be possible to map things like undo to the tablet keys same way I would in any other program , have I missed a setting in AR5 somewhere ?
    AR5 cannot map directly to any buttons or switches of a Wacom tablet or Pen.

As you know you can map every button or switch of a Wacom tablet or Pen to various functions, clicks, and keys (the tablet emulates these)

So you can

1. map the Wacom buttons and switches to keys (or some limited combinations)
    2. map keyboard short cuts in Ar5 to the same keys you had set for the Wacom tablet
    Last edited by DarkOwnt; 04-13-2017 at 05:51 AM. Reason: incorrect

OK found this out .
    Adding AR5 to the Wacom app and mapping keys has no effect but if you map the keys to “ all other “ it then works in AR5 . I can work with that .
    AR5 is the only program I have seen that has this problem , would be nice to see it fixed .

Sorry for not posting back sooner (too far from civilisation when at home for internet!) but after some poking around in my Wacom’s settings I found why I hadn’t experienced your problems.
    Although AR5 is a separate App I have all the physical buttons the same as in AR4. So never noticed what was actually happening. But I have set different on-screen buttons for AR5 successfully. I think these virtual buttons though are not tied directly to specific apps and could be called up by any app if you wanted.

It seem that my AR5 is using AR4.5’s Wacom settings. Set what you want there and it works fine in AR5.
    I tried deleting and re-setting AR5 as a separate App but the tablet refuses to recognise it as such. And indeed if I delete the AR4.5 tablet preferences I’m left with no tablet support in AR5.
    I’m not sure if this is an AR bug or a Wacom bug?

As for the Pen Eraser I couldn’t assign the Colour Sampler tool to it directly but I could set it to emulate the alt/Option key, which will let you sample colours using whatever settings that the Colour Sample tool is currently using.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram

I got the same problem

Today I tried to remap the wacom pen first button to be the middle click but it didn't work, I update the wacom driver, update the windows updates, but I got the same problem, please support.
    System: Windows 8.1
    Software: ArtRage 5.0.4
    Tablet: Wacom Intous 5

Thanks Advanced.
    Last edited by eduardobedoya; 04-14-2017 at 06:58 AM.

Hello Eduardobedoya,
    For now, if you still have AR4’s Wacom Pref in the Wacom settings make any changes you need in them and it should give you what you want in AR5. This works for me. Or try axeslayer’s suggestion above earlier in this thread.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram