ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: underwater fantasy

underwater fantasy

Alrighty, it's been some time again, but after having managed to wake up around 7am, I've managed to start a new painting with my brand new monitor. It's more of a little test if I can handly this LCD monster for painting. It's a little weired, because I have worked with my fading CRT for the last 7 years.

Anyway, here it goes... just an hour so far, but well...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	landscapeh_1h_145.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	6481  

Hey, looks great so far. Very nice.

As for the fading CRT - I have one of those. My work always looks very different when I get to see it at work on the LCD usually much brighter than expected which sometimes exposes stuff that was hidden in the dark areas.

Yup, I'm hoping that I'll get this under control now, but it really feels different to work on LCD. I'm not yet perfectly sure, but the biggest challenge is the difference you get from even slightly different viewing angles. Contrast changes and so forth... tough to know, if the image is alright or not... :?

Anyway...here's a silly quick goof with it... I'll probably go into a different direction later, but I wanted to try some radical procedures with colors. I then radically goofed around with blooming and blurring it...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	landscapeh_15h_704.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	167.8 KB 
ID:	6482  

nice man....cool color combination! go on go.... and enjoy your flatscreen!
    i work now for two years with a lcd and it's great....only the brightness is a real problem...

greez
    M.Siegrist

Artrage 2.6 & Wacom Intuos 3 A5
    XP SP2

Glub glub!

Now where'd that red headed mermaid swimmed off to?

Nice.