ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Can't use pressure

Can't use pressure

Twice last night I had a major glitch with the full version. Both times, I stopped being able to apply any pressure with any tool except for the crayon. The problem was preceeded by the eraser on my stylus not working properly anymore (it had the same function as the pen tip). I use a Wacom Intuos3, but I couldn't even make dark lines using the mouse. This problem persisted over creating new paintings and even through restarting ArtRage. The only way I was able to correct it was to delete the ArtRage settings file in Documents and Settings. The first time the problem occured, I was working with an imported png. The second time, I was testing out the layer blending options.
    Unless otherwise specified, all images I post are released under Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/

Hi there, unfortunately I've not seen this behavior before with an Intuos 3 in testing locally here as yet. You may want to try uninstalling the tablet, removing any custom profiles when prompted and reinstalling the latest version from Wacom's website just to be sure you're running the same sort of configuration.

If the problem recurrs, is there any chance you could email me a copy of your artrage.prs ( the settings ) file to support@ambientdesign.com? I could take a look at the file when you're having the problem and see if it's reproducable on one of my test machines with an Intuos 3.

If you're finding the problem disappears by deleting the prs file, you may also want to check the pressure dial in the left hand panel for your active tool ( you may have already done this ) and also hit "reset" in that panel to see if the tool works.

It's a bit strange regarding the reverse end of the stylus not erasing. Can you let me know what operating system type and version you're using? There's also the possibility ( though uncommon ) of a fault with the pen itself but I'd tend to go down the road of checking the specifics, drivers, configuration etc before considering that as a possibility.

If you can email me any information you have on your system:

OS type and version
    tablet dimensions
    tablet driver version
    processor speed
    RAM

to support@ambientdesign.com and I can work with you via email directly to see what we can find out regarding the lack of ability to use the eraser end of the stylus, assuming that is still not working for you.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thank you! I received your email and will continue to mail you back as we work through it.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

It's great to have such responsive support. I've bought programs 10 times the cost of ArtRage in the past and have had tech support issues ignored on a regular basis or referred to an inadaquate FAQ. It's refreshing to see your attention to your customers and to the overall quality of your software.

Thanks!

Carl
    Unless otherwise specified, all images I post are released under Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/