Thread: ArtRage 5 script playback error

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ArtRage 5 script playback error

I am having some problems playing back correctly a script, see the video below for a side by side comparison (I have synced up as best as I can) :

https://youtu.be/FX8XIegQFpU

Using ArtRage 5.0.4
    Windows 10
    Cintiq 22HD

Top left is the script playback and bottom right is the actual recording when I painted it
    Last edited by RedSaucers; 03-30-2017 at 12:27 PM.

It looks like it didn't record a tool change - did you pause the script around that point?

I didn't at any time pause the record script, however on further investigation it seems to be reproduceable on my system :

Surface Pro 4
    Windows 10
    ArtRage 5.0.4

See the following video :

https://youtu.be/hLnZERp5dMw

I just put some paint down, switched to warp accepted the warp and then continued to paint.

On replay, the brush used before the warp is not retained after the warp and the Oil Brush seems to be switched to instead.

I have reproduced this twice now in two attempts
    Last edited by RedSaucers; 03-31-2017 at 08:49 AM.

Just discovered another bit of playback strangeness relating to warp, see below!, this time I cancelled the warp tranformation but it still seemed to try and replay anyway and didn't pick up my final two strokes :

https://youtu.be/FGg2lFKTy1U

Awesome, that sounds like a very fun bug for us to look into. I'll do some tests with Warp here, and let you know if we can't reproduce any of that and need a script from you

(You can send them in anyway if you want, but it sounds very easy for us to find. If you do send them, send them in a zipped file to reduce the size).

Quote Originally Posted by RedSaucers View Post
    Just discovered another bit of playback strangeness relating to warp, see below!, this time I cancelled the warp tranformation but it still seemed to try and replay anyway and didn't pick up my final two strokes :

https://youtu.be/FGg2lFKTy1U
    Okay, I can't replicate this one. Can you send us the script for it?

I think a have found a subtlety related to the above recording of the warp issue which may help you to resolve it.

I haven't as yet managed to reproduce it, but I can retrospectively modify the script to fix it!

On replay, the actions with the brush performed when using the warp seem to be replayed as oil brush strokes. I had a look a the .arscript file and found the following lines, I am assuming that the SetPanelSoloMode is the calling up of warp mode :

Wait: 6.029s EvType: Command CommandID: CID_ToolSelect ParamType: ToolID Value: { 4900 (Oil Paint) }
    Wait: 25.043s EvType: Command CommandID: CID_SetPanelSoloMode ParamType: int32 Value: { 1 }
    Wait: 3.649s EvType: Command CommandID: SetToolProperty ParamType: ToolProp Value: { 0x0B2D05E64 (Size), 2.77 }
    Wait: 0.006s EvType: Command CommandID: SetToolProperty ParamType: ToolProp Value: { 0x0B2D05E64 (Size), 2.79 }

On trying to reproduce this (which I couldn't) I inspected a test working .arscript file when using the warp and found the following :

Wait: 6.542s EvType: Command CommandID: CID_SetPanelSoloMode ParamType: int32 Value: { 1 }
    Wait: 1.828s EvType: Command CommandID: ToolPreset ToolID: 4926 (Warp) Tool Data: {
    ┾┓──┘───────░◂┵╀────────○┽▍┾━───└─────────────▀▿╪▄ ╥┾─────╅─◿┴───────┄───────┴╞◐▲──▀┿────╤╞◐▲────━─── ┴╞◐▲────━───╤╞◐▲────
    } // End of tool preset binary data.
    Wait: 0.000s EvType: Command CommandID: SetToolProperty ParamType: ToolProp Value: { 0x0B2D05E64 (Size), 2.85 }
    Wait: 0.020s EvType: Command CommandID: SetToolProperty ParamType: ToolProp Value: { 0x0B2D05E64 (Size), 2.87 }

There seems to be a Warp ToolData line present!, so I copied this line into my non working script and it worked!, meaning I didn't see the oil paint strokes and in fact saw the dynamic warp effects of each brushstroke which I didn't see in my non working replay and just saw the final transformation.