Thread: Color picker locked

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Color picker locked

No matter which tool i open, the color picker is still the operating tool. How can i get back to switching from picker to brush?

Are you getting the color picker 'activating' when you press down on the canvas? Open the menu and go into the preferences to see if the tap and hold option for the color sampler is active.

Color picker frozen

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Are you getting the color picker 'activating' when you press down on the canvas? Open the menu and go into the preferences to see if the tap and hold option for the color sampler is active.
    I am new at this. I open a new canvas . If that is all i do i can pick and paint. But i want to paint over a photo so when i then add a photo to the blank canvas only the color picker works even when i use any other tool.

Aha, it sounds like you added a photograph as a tracing image. If you look at the color wheel on the right, the colors will be replaced with white and some text; tap it to switch out of color picking mode and go back to normal (or go into the menu for the tracing image).

The tracing image sits over the top of everything else, and isn't actually part of your canvas. You can adjust the opacity in the menu for it, so you can see better.

If you actually wanted to add a layer of paint, then you have a few different ways to do that:

1. Go to the gallery, tap the '+' in the top right to import a photo as a new painting.
    2. Go into the menu options for your current tracing image and choose the 'convert to paint' option (then remove the tracing image).
    3. Go into the layers menu and import an image to a new layer or paste a copied image from the clipboard.