Thread: La donna dal Lago di Como

La donna dal Lago di Como

an oil painting.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Looks really good! I see that her right eye. (Left eye on the painting) it's a little bit to close to her nose. But I don't know if you used a reference picture. Maybe her eyes are like that. Otherwise it's a very nice painting.

Looks good to me Kilroy I. Allways fight shy of the oil brush. And stick with airbrush as seem to have

More control But now I'm on 5.3. Had a quick look yuk. It's just a well iI'm not painting for a few

More weeks. Hopefully by then the legs are back to normal OK. CIAO. SLAINTE

Since this painting and lake (di Come) doesn't seem to refer to Manzoni and his "I promessi sposi" (The Betrothed?), it's probably an Italian variant of King Arthur Cycle and his Lady of the Lake ...
    Actually she shows the charming, seductive, mysterious magic of that supernatural character indeed.
    The atmosphere and lighting are impressive and the portrait superb! APPLAUSE
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

it looks very good

Very nice!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I've tried painting low light/night scenes and I always find it incredibly difficult to get the subtleties of the colors to look realistic. You've done a smashing job of it here though, once again! I admire your talent, Kilroy, and this is an excellent piece of artwork. Bravo!