ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Gateway Garden

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Prineville Oregon USA
    Posts
    453

    Gateway Garden

    Another composition with rectangular configuration of color on flat black to make colors float in their
    space...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gateway Garden.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	501.4 KB 
ID:	92526  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Avesta Sweden
    Posts
    626
    Where do you find the time to do all those paintings? 😊 Not really my favorite style. Modern art. But I understand the work that goes in to it. It's nice with all the colours. Great to print on a big canvas. Your paintings would be nice on walls in the most of houses. Probably so much better then the caricature drawing I make. I don't think you want my work on your wall 😊
    All my drawings on Deviantart Http://dannykohn.deviantart.com/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Prineville Oregon USA
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by danny72 View Post
    Where do you find the time to do all those paintings? 😊 Not really my favorite style. Modern art. But I understand the work that goes in to it. It's nice with all the colours. Great to print on a big canvas. Your paintings would be nice on walls in the most of houses. Probably so much better then the caricature drawing I make. I don't think you want my work on your wall 😊
    Thanks for comment danny72! I also appreciate your work, as I have tried figure drawing ( I was terrible ) and to see how you carefully craft the distortions but retain
    critical features I a definite talent and to my mind a difficult one. I was so sorry that your recent multiple work did not pan out all those people made for quite an impressive work and they should bought the work.. our forum mate Caesar did a caricature of me many years ago and I do have it hanging in my studio!...I was flattered and enjoy it every day...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Avesta Sweden
    Posts
    626
    Today they ask me when the painting is going to be finished.. I thought that they didn't wanted no more. But they still wanted. That's good. I allready put a lot of work into it...I asked before for more reference pictures,but didn't get any. That's why I thought that they lost there interest.. So I will continue on that piece.. Caesar did one for me also. I was really happy about that. Nice thing to do.....I just paint/draw people.. I really like to paint other stuff,but I don't finish anything other then humans. On Monday view going to travel to Rome. Maybe I'm going to try to draw some of the beautiful buildings from our trip. 😊
    All my drawings on Deviantart Http://dannykohn.deviantart.com/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rome (Italy)
    Posts
    24,113
    I like this idea of a quarantine in dark cells of vivid subjects so as not to contaminate each other with particles of colored dust and fog spoiling the neat effectiveness of this orderly and balanced painting.
    The focus on the various floating curiosities is assured! Bravo!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Prineville Oregon USA
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I like this idea of a quarantine in dark cells of vivid subjects so as not to contaminate each other with particles of colored dust and fog spoiling the neat effectiveness of this orderly and balanced painting.
    The focus on the various floating curiosities is assured! Bravo!
    thanks Caesar, I tried to maintain a very rectilinear composition and within each cell provide a different story so when taken as a whole a complex tale unfolds..

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rome (Italy)
    Posts
    24,113
    Quote Originally Posted by gxhpainter View Post
    thanks Caesar, I tried to maintain a very rectilinear composition and within each cell provide a different story so when taken as a whole a complex tale unfolds..
    A visual and painterly storyteller then, nd a most successful one I'd say. I keep "listening" to this sung tale.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,517
    Cool. Would be kind of fun to track that in a tight shot and truck the camera around in a meander like in actually walking through. And as you do that you could play music over it, like the music you were listening to as you were painting. And montage in some clips of you speaking evocative phrases that are something like phazing in and out of a moment in time.

    I have a thought. And I wouldn't think this is something to bank on, but have you thought of:

    1. Going super minimal?

    2. Going to video?

    Personally it feels like this is too constricting for you to merely do art and leave it at that. I think doing the art is a good place to start and then you can create a personal experience more in keeping with what technology allows for -- movement, sound, montages, tone, fades. It's like I see you taxiing up and down the runway in a 1950s airport and you take off with "2020 or Bust" painted onto the fuselage. But then . . .

    This stuff could be all the more brilliant with some of those other elements happening, if it interests you to explore those new dynamic possibilities. I feel like you're wanting to be cutting edge and that may be a door to something innovative and quite satisfying. Make it a total experience that you yourself are having as you do it -- short of pouring the viewer a drink -- unless they're in the room.

    You know, there are those screens that people set up that play video -- setting on tables and desks like a family portrait. Maybe it's time for moving pictures on the wall?

    Dunno if that ever crossed your thinking. Just a thought. I remember my first video camera back before desktop publishing. I trucked around a relief sculpture I had done, changing the light and so on, and set it to some Windham Hill, I think Michael Hedges, which was very cutting edge guitar at the time. It was an amazing experience. And you ought to be able to do it in a snap on computer.

    You might enjoy it. Might even blow your mind what you've done. Cause from everything I've gathered having read your posts and watched your evolution, what you really get off on is the combined experience of visuals and (jazz?) music. That may be what your natural leanings are demanding of you -- to take your audience on a painting walk through to music and to feel the changing colors like changing notes in music -- adding the element of time. And like I mentioned, perhaps some artistic thoughts phasing in and out here and there -- not unlike how you change patterns on the canvas. Yadda yadda.

    And that doesn't preclude your printing the images as well. But think how great it would be to link the video with the print. Always good to give the buyer some insight into the art experience so they can go beyond their usual depth.

    Anyway, just a ramble here.

    Last edited by D Akey; 04-02-2017 at 02:42 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Prineville Oregon USA
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Cool. Would be kind of fun to track that in a tight shot and truck the camera around in a meander like in actually walking through. And as you do that you could play music over it, like the music you were listening to as you were painting. And montage in some clips of you speaking evocative phrases that are something like phazing in and out of a moment in time.

    I have a thought. And I wouldn't think this is something to bank on, but have you thought of:

    1. Going super minimal?

    2. Going to video?

    Personally it feels like this is too constricting for you to merely do art and leave it at that. I think doing the art is a good place to start and then you can create a personal experience more in keeping with what technology allows for -- movement, sound, montages, tone, fades. It's like I see you taxiing up and down the runway in a 1950s airport and you take off with "2020 or Bust" painted onto the fuselage. But then . . .

    This stuff could be all the more brilliant with some of those other elements happening, if it interests you to explore those new dynamic possibilities. I feel like you're wanting to be cutting edge and that may be a door to something innovative and quite satisfying. Make it a total experience that you yourself are having as you do it -- short of pouring the viewer a drink -- unless they're in the room.

    You know, there are those screens that people set up that play video -- setting on tables and desks like a family portrait. Maybe it's time for moving pictures on the wall?

    Dunno if that ever crossed your thinking. Just a thought. I remember my first video camera back before desktop publishing. I trucked around a relief sculpture I had done, changing the light and so on, and set it to some Windham Hill, I think Michael Hedges, which was very cutting edge guitar at the time. It was an amazing experience. And you ought to be able to do it in a snap on computer.

    You might enjoy it. Might even blow your mind what you've done. Cause from everything I've gathered having read your posts and watched your evolution, what you really get off on is the combined experience of visuals and (jazz?) music. That may be what your natural leanings are demanding of you -- to take your audience on a painting walk through to music and to feel the changing colors like changing notes in music -- adding the element of time. And like I mentioned, perhaps some artistic thoughts phasing in and out here and there -- not unlike how you change patterns on the canvas. Yadda yadda.

    And that doesn't preclude your printing the images as well. But think how great it would be to link the video with the print. Always good to give the buyer some insight into the art experience so they can go beyond their usual depth.

    Anyway, just a ramble here.

    WOW WOW WOW D Akey I was pleasantly stunned yesterday when I saw this huge comment from you! I read it over and was so taken I just had to go for a long walk along the river to think over, I have thought about some of the things you mentioned but have never taken that road. But maybe it is time to explore along that line. I did download some free software called smilebox with lets you create slideshows and add music so I made a very simple slide show and posted it on my facebook page, I know that is not exactly what you had in mind but it is a start.. I think smilebox is just to simple for my needs I would like to do something that combined poetry, music and images so may have to look into using Adobe Flash .. I used to program Flash files for the web so I am familar with it and think it might be the way to go. But thanks my dear friend for prodding me into trying to explore something more...

    Facebook page with sample slideshow

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,517
    Great. You know, someone who was toying with that was our old friend from Brazil, Dr. Oriane Lima. One of the things I hope you consider is moving the camera around, at a speed one can enjoy, not zipping through since that is hard to see sometimes. But consider (at least initially) a slow meander like your considering walk around you just had -- time to appreciate and think about what we're experiencing. No rush.

    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •