Thread: Buggy stencils

Buggy stencils

Stencils tool seems to be the most buggy of AR 5 so far, but nothing major. These are three issues I've noticed:
    1. It doesn't work with symmetry
    2. Random stencil would show up when there are no active ones. The random stencils seems to be from other documents.
    3. Stencils become invisible in flipped view, both both horizontal and vertical (hotkey H, V), but stencils are function.

In this example, the red stencil on the right is my palm rejection guard. The other rulers are from another document. Hardware, Surface Pro 4 i5 4GB.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snip_20170321090341.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	211.2 KB 
ID:	92524
    Last edited by javafuel; 03-22-2017 at 06:16 AM.
    Hardware:
    Windows 10 Pro Hexcore workstation 24GB + Cintiq 22HD, Windows 10 Surface Pro 4 i5

1 and 3 are intentional and are the same as previous versions (there are some technical reasons for the Symmetry thing, and Stencils disappear when you flip the page to give you a clear view).

2 is a bug, and we'll keep an eye out for it here, but any specific patterns that you notice (e.g. it only happens if you have 3 stencils active, or if you have four documents or if you switch documents a certain way) would be very helpful in tracking it down.

Thanks Hannah for the explanation on 1 & 3. As for the bug, it has happened before. I think it usually occurs after zoom in and out or flip the canvas, it happens occasionally. In this example the rulers from other documents move around randomly with zoom and pan, and their appearance varies each time the canvas is moved or zoomed. Sometimes the whole rulers are visible like the screenshot, most of the time it's only part of the rulers in different sizes as they are cropped and scaled. It might be memory related, although Artrage was the only program running when it occured. I'll check on the memory usage the next time it occurs.
    Hardware:
    Windows 10 Pro Hexcore workstation 24GB + Cintiq 22HD, Windows 10 Surface Pro 4 i5