Thread: Feedback sprite for stylus taps on layer visibility

Feedback sprite for stylus taps on layer visibility

This occurs with a large canvas:

On tapping an "eye" in the layers panel, there is no immediate feedback. The "eye" is a small target for a tap. I find myself thinking I've missed the active area, so I tap again. Several seconds later, the visibility of the layer flips to what I wanted, and back again.

This is due to the absence, in the "control", of immediate, positive feedback that the tap hit within the active area.

The feedback could be added with a little sparkle, starburst, really, anything. Then I'll have the patience to wait for Artrage to flip the visibility of the layer.

The eye icon toggles instantly on the versions I just checked on, it certainly shouldn't take several seconds. What version of ArtRage are you using, and what operating system? (Also, is anything else responding slowly? Are you seeing this with a fresh blank canvas as well as in larger paintings?)

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    The eye icon toggles instantly on the versions I just checked on, it certainly shouldn't take several seconds. What version of ArtRage are you using, and what operating system? (Also, is anything else responding slowly? Are you seeing this with a fresh blank canvas as well as in larger paintings?)
    It was the painting I sent except it had the raster of the scanned pencil sketch, 4759x6574. To deal with the lag, I downrezed it to what you have.

Artrage 5, , Lenovo X61 tablet W7 64 bit, 8G ram. The CPU is an Intel L7500, 1.6gHz dual core. See
    https://ark.intel.com/products/29757...Hz-800-MHz-FSB

The machine is probably much slower than what you test on. But the response of the program is generally OK. The problem in the case of the "eye" is that there is no indicator of an operation in progress. An hourglass would also do.

Ahaha, okay, increasing my canvas up to around 8-9000 I start to see a delay, but only on layers with a lot of paint data. It's just a memory issue, it's not actually a feature