The file is about 25M. It has two layers:
1. A scanned grayscale pencil sketch: bottom.
2. A layer in which Artrage pastels are applied: top.
In both Artrage 4 and 5, identical behavior is observed. After
1. Select layer contents of upper layer.
2. Transform tool.
3. Click and drag.
4. Deselect all.
the result is:
1. The layer contents appears to move correctly.
2. A ghost outline image, vaguely resembling the scanned image BUT IN COLOR, remains in the original position of the second layer.
It would naturally be suspected that I did something stupid. But in the process of checking, the bottom layer is made invisible, and the ghost image is still there. Also, the original sketch is a grayscale scan, so the color of the ghost, which follows the pastels, is a property of the upper layer. If the upper layer is made invisible, the ghost vanishes with it.
So the ghost is definitely on the upper layer. How did it get there?
Have I uncovered a bug?
Lenovo X61 tablet, 1400x1050 screen, 8G RAM, Windows 7.