Thread: the Mind of Time

the Mind of Time

the was an evolutionary process piece... that is it really sucked for quite a while and over the course of a couple of days
    I kept working on it until I got to this point... please enjoy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the Mind of Time.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	528.8 KB 
ID:	92485  

I definitely have those experiences as well. Good that you pushed through to your satisfaction. Nice piece.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    I definitely have those experiences as well. Good that you pushed through to your satisfaction. Nice piece.

thanks that bit of encouragement means more than
    you might suspect...

So many differents places, sights and emotions in each corner of this multiform painting!
    They move, whirl, decompose and compose anew .... exquisite artpiece!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    So many different places, sights and emotions in each corner of this multiform painting!
    They move, whirl, decompose and compose anew .... exquisite artpiece!
    Yes definitely a shifting and faceting
    movement of form and color.. I have recently been rethinking the concept of abstract art. I have studied everyone from
    the wild flinging of color by de Kooning, and Jackson Pollock, to the tight controlled work of Joseph Albers, Frank Stella and
    many people in between ( John McLean and Albert Irving most recently ) . the world of abstract painting is a multiverse of
    opportunity. Isn't it amazing that people have been painting "abstractly" for over a hundred years but it is still considered
    "modern"? Where paintings that try to capture perspective and 3d depth of form is hundreds of years old and considered
    normal traditional realistic painting ( but when first done were radically new and profoundly shocking to most people).

For me painting is more an attempt to give expression to the most intimate worlds within and without, that is a movement towards emotions,
    and perceptions , my primary tool is color but refined and delimited by line, edges and textures. So to those who think
    abstract painting is just splashing around and hoping for the best, or a coolly distanced intellectual or scientific approach to
    color and form I just can't see me fitting in that world so I am not sure where I fit really, maybe people like Paul Klee..
    Do you have any insights into what I am talking about, that is a more granular and specific definition of abstract painting?
    and where along that continuum I would most likely fit? Thanks my friend...
    Last edited by gxhpainter; 03-24-2017 at 07:48 AM.