Thread: Stronghold

Stronghold

Haven't posted for a while so here is my latest," The Stronghold."...... Thanks for looking.... Jack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stronghold.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	360.1 KB 
ID:	92460  
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

Looks good.. Very Scottish (I think ) But I never been in Britain,so i don't know it for sure. 😉

Hey Jack! Looks like you're doing a different technique. Cool.

Suggestion -- might want to not make the cave so rounded like a drill but just cleared it. Would make it more interesting and fitting for this look giving it more of an organic, natural character, more in keeping with the overall character of the rocks and the rest of the picture.

But that cave is the primary focal point of this one so it might be good to make mysterious like a secret way into the castle, or escape route. Perhaps even more hard to immediately see, like a second read.

But any way you go it looks great!

Good to see you back again, Jack.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by danny72 View Post
    Looks good.. Very Scottish (I think ) But I never been in Britain,so i don't know it for sure. ��
    Hello Danny,
    Thanks for looking, lots of Islands on the Scottish coast, lots off the Lands End southern end of England too, if I was trying to place it, does actually resemble the Scottish end more I think, thanks for reply Danny, good to see you on here..... Jack.

Stronhold 3

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Hey Jack! Looks like you're doing a different technique. Cool.

Suggestion -- might want to not make the cave so rounded like a drill but just cleared it. Would make it more interesting and fitting for this look giving it more of an organic, natural character, more in keeping with the overall character of the rocks and the rest of the picture.

But that cave is the primary focal point of this one so it might be good to make mysterious like a secret way into the castle, or escape route. Perhaps even more hard to immediately see, like a second read.

But any way you go it looks great!

Good to see you back again, Jack.

Hello D,
    I have taken on board what you said, and have been tinkering with it, and your right, too much like a bullet hole in the canvas, I have turned it down, tried to make it less obvious and turned it around a bit so its more side on, I have pulled in the right edge of the cliff and moved it slightly forward concealing it more from any view angle except the angle looked at now, I really appreciate your advice D, it seems the more I look the more faults I see, and the tinkering has helped me with my work as all practice leads to improvement( I think, I mean I hope ).....Thanks D..... Jack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stronghold  3.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	256.2 KB 
ID:	92516  
    Last edited by jacktar51; 03-20-2017 at 07:41 AM. Reason: adding updated picture