Thread: Color Quadrants updated 3-11-2017

Color Quadrants updated 3-11-2017

This is the first of a series of works where the general composition is made of rectangular forms arranged in a simple quadrant formation then
    detail and and layers added to the visual conversation.. in a vertical format.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Color Quadrants.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	514.5 KB 
ID:	92424  
    Last edited by gxhpainter; 03-12-2017 at 12:56 PM.

Sharp shapes on Your quadrants, all shining of vibrant colours and energy. Personalities, moods, a quartet of instrument for your music maybe.
    Back to fundamentals, to style where force and measure are masterfully intertwined.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Sharp shapes on Your quadrants, all shining of vibrant colours and energy. Personalities, moods, a quartet of instrument for your music maybe.
    Back to fundamentals, to style where force and measure are masterfully intertwined.
    Caesar I am finding more and more affinity for larger simple shapes with
    more minimal decorative detail lends to a stronger image.. just where the river of creative inquiry is taking me just now. So glad you are joining along with me on this
    discovery...

Box Quadrants 2 - Bold conclusions

Number two in this series.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bold Conclusions 1.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	508.9 KB 
ID:	92444  

Go man go! Could prove most surprising around the bend a bit. I like the second one better by a lot. The heraldic one is sort of like you planted your petard and claimed this land in the name of the King. Heraldic motifs? Why not.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Go man go! Could prove most surprising around the bend a bit. I like the second one better by a lot. The heraldic one is sort of like you planted your petard and claimed this land in the name of the King. Heraldic motifs? Why not.

Glad you like the second one, that is my second work of the day, the first one was just a struggle to get somewhere and I did not like it in the end... when out for a walk and had a cuppa coffee and sat down and this just flowed out with excitement and I was a little stunned by the result.. The first one I guess just let a little of my Scottish ancestry peek out ... but seriously it was based on an idea of opening up my pictorial space with larger shapes, not sure why but I wanted more breathing room for the shapes to define and establish themselves and less of an overall energy field effect... anyway enough babbling need more coffee

Love all this quadrants, edges always draw more attention
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)