Thread: Hunter with his dog with ref photo.. .30 birthday present in progress

Hunter with his dog with ref photo.. .30 birthday present in progress

Attachment 92397Attachment 92399Attachment 92400Attachment 92403 almost done!.. Attachment 92407.........
    ..............Just started a new drawing .. first time that I draw a dog. I'm not going to put so much work on the dog. This painting is about the guy. Not the dog...A lot of work left on this one. I will share to final painting/drawing later. With the ref pictures..Fun project I think 😊
    Last edited by danny72; 03-06-2017 at 11:02 AM.

Magically taking its residual shape oalso on fuzzy and unfocused parts ... spot on!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Magically taking its residual shape oalso on fuzzy and unfocused parts ... spot on!
    Thank you! I have some work left on this one . I keep the forest fuzzy. :-)

Coming along quite nicely. He's going to love it.

Careful, the dog is looking a little green on the white underside fur and the yellow fur is also pretty saturated compared to the rest. It may be that way on the photo, but you might tone it down to be less saturated because it tends to pull the eye as a large mass of color in a generally earth toned pic with lots of details. And the hunter is the part you want people to look at mostly I think.

Last edited by D Akey; 03-05-2017 at 02:59 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Coming along quite nicely. He's going to love it.

Careful, the dog is looking a little green on the white underside fur and the yellow fur is also pretty saturated compared to the rest. It may be that way on the photo, but you might tone it down to be less saturated because it tends to pull the eye as a large mass of color in a generally earth toned pic with lots of details. And the hunter is the part you want people to look at mostly I think.

the green on the dog is still the green background. Haven't done so much at the dog yet :-)