Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My friend Johan caricature with ref photo

My friend Johan caricature with ref photo

Attachment 92359 .................
    Last edited by danny72; 02-26-2017 at 11:30 PM.

Great start!!!
    I like very much!
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Quote Originally Posted by damasocl View Post
    Great start!!!
    I like very much!
    Thank you! :-)

Looks great. Very good caricature. Might want to consider the logo on the shirt a little differently. The placement is a little forced to our right rather than it being centered on his center line of his abdomen, and you might want to bow it out slightly. The simple perspective of just making it larger to one side and angling it that you gave it is not visually convincing that it is on his shirt. It's on fabric not a flat plane so it would have a bit more subtle movement in it.

One way to achieve the perspective is to draw some contour lines approximating the tubular volume of the torso and use that as a framework to guide it onto like the skin on an old wooden biplane. Just looking at that logo it's so complex it could be daunting to finesse it. But this being computer, you have the tools to make it work. Would be a shame to do this great illustration and then to see the logo isn't working on par with the rest of the picture.

But the caricature is fantastic!!! No kidding. You've really gotten very good at them.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Looks great. Very good caricature. Might want to consider the logo on the shirt a little differently. The placement is a little forced to our right rather than it being centered on his center line of his abdomen, and you might want to bow it out slightly. The simple perspective of just making it larger to one side and angling it that you gave it is not visually convincing that it is on his shirt. It's on fabric not a flat plane so it would have a bit more subtle movement in it.

One way to achieve the perspective is to draw some contour lines approximating the tubular volume of the torso and use that as a framework to guide it onto like the skin on an old wooden biplane. Just looking at that logo it's so complex it could be daunting to finesse it. But this being computer, you have the tools to make it work. Would be a shame to do this great illustration and then to see the logo isn't working on par with the rest of the picture.

But the caricature is fantastic!!! No kidding. You've really gotten very good at them.

I know the logo isn't right. I'm going to fix that.. I draw the logo today,just before I show it here and on this guy Facebook. I'm always in a hurry to share,and efter i share i see my mistakes😊

Quote Originally Posted by danny72 View Post
    I know the logo isn't right. I'm going to fix that.. I draw the logo today,just before I show it here and on this guy Facebook. I'm always in a hurry to share,and efter i share i see my mistakes😊
    Don't we all. I know that from personal experience all too well.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Don't we all. I know that from personal experience all too well.
    😊..........

I change the logo to another logo,more fit to the shirt. Have to change some things to it yet,to make it OK. 😊

I change the logo to another logo,more fit to the shirt. Have to change some things to it yet,to make it OK. 😊
    Huge improvement! Looking great!!!

Huge improvement! Looking great!!!

Thanks! 😊
    !