Thread: run script in different colors?

run script in different colors?

Hi there,

Just starting to try out the scripting here, and this bit seems counterintuitive....

I recorded a script in which I did not deliberately set the color of the tool (watercolor) being used. I just left it with the color that was set before recording began. Then I changed the selected color, and played the script, expecting it to be executed in the new color. But it still used the original color, even though I could see the color picker in the corner still showing the new color. My assumption was that, because I hadn't recorded a color change action, the color would be wherever I last left it.

Is there a way to let scripts be played back at arbitrary colors? Or potentially with other variables changed as well? Or is it just completely inflexible?

(I would also be interested in an option to pause the script and prompt the user to select a new color before proceeding. But it looks like the "add note" feature just freezes everything until you continue, so that won't do it. At least this is workaround-able by using multiple scripts, assuming I can sort out my above question.)

Thanks,
    Tandava

Ah, so I eventually found the scripting guide and learned that I could add this line at the beginning:

Code:
    SetColourRGB(ColourR(), ColourG(), ColourB());
    And that will set the color used in the script to be the color already selected.

There's also a SetToolProperty() function that looks like it might let you retain other settings as selected by the user, but I'm not clear on how it works. The color was the main thing I was interested in anyway, so I'm good for now.

Would still love it if there were a way to prompt for the color in the middle of a script.

-Tandava

I have same problem, if i made a script to trace image and drag colors automatic from the image, but if i edit the script and i changue the image to drag colors i already see the new image on trace window, but the colors its the same of the old image, i dont know how to fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimbros View Post
    I have same problem, if i made a script to trace image and drag colors automatic from the image, but if i edit the script and i changue the image to drag colors i already see the new image on trace window, but the colors its the same of the old image, i dont know how to fix this.
    Hi Hana!!! Any news on how to made this work? Any help be apreciated, cheers,

Hi there,

Scripts record all the strokes and properties of those strokes during the process of a painting, including the colour of each stroke. This means that there's no way to change the tracing image and have the script play back colours from the new tracing image.