Thread: Default setting for layer texture

Default setting for layer texture

I'm creating some custom canvases. Currently the new layer is set to using its own texture. Is it possible to set new layer texture to use canvas texture option?
    Last edited by javafuel; 02-27-2017 at 01:09 PM.
    Hardware:
    Windows 10 Pro Hexcore workstation 24GB + Cintiq 22HD, Windows 10 Surface Pro 4 i5

New layers will use the texture from the layer below, but you can switch it back to the canvas one by going into the menu for that layer, choosing 'Edit Layer Texture' and ticking 'use canvas texture'.

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    New layers will use the texture from the layer below.
    I see, but the new layer won't set itself to "Use Canvas Texture" when the layer below is set to "Use Canvas Texture". Maybe the future release can set "Use Canvas Texture" as the default when creating a new layer? If user wants to use a different texture for the layer, they can unchecked it and then add the desired layer texture. Thanks.
    Hardware:
    Windows 10 Pro Hexcore workstation 24GB + Cintiq 22HD, Windows 10 Surface Pro 4 i5

Each layer adopts the settings that define the texture that was assigned to the layer below, rather than just adopting the canvas texture toggle. This is to ensure that as few layers as possible adjust the texture that will be applied to their contents when changes are made to the base canvas. This may change in the future.