Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Docking setup gone

Docking setup gone

Windows 7 Pro patched an update last night went I shutdown the computer. This morning all setup in the docking mode are gone. I don't know if they are related, but it would be good if we can save dock layout that can be loaded.

Name:  snip_20170223084330.png
Views: 568
Size:  17.0 KB

If your previous set up wasn't remembered, that probably means the preferences were either deleted or not saved properly.

Can you check if your interface changes are saved if you open and close ArtRage now?

The interface is working properly now. I've been drawing in Docking mode ever since the upgrade a week ago, it has been working fine. Maybe it's just a one time fluke.
    Hardware:
    Windows 10 Pro Hexcore workstation 24GB + Cintiq 22HD, Windows 10 Surface Pro 4 i5

This has happened two more times since my last reply of this thread. One time on Surface Pro 4 and once on Hexcore workstation. One time was prompted a recovering file option, but there was no crashes in the previous. The other time AR just launched normally without any docks. It might has something to do with closing AR without saving by click on "don't save" confirmation. Sometimes I don't need to save the files that I was messing around.
    Hardware:
    Windows 10 Pro Hexcore workstation 24GB + Cintiq 22HD, Windows 10 Surface Pro 4 i5

I'm still experiencing this issue every now and then. Is there a way to backup the Docking Mode setup? so it can be restored quickly by loading the backup setup. I'm using the latest version of AR. Thanks.
    Hardware:

It sounds like something is deleting the artrage prs file or preventing it from being saved properly, as this stores these settings.

Here's how to locate the prs file:

run 'appdata' ( Windows Key + R then enter appdata )
    Open the Roaming -> Ambient Design -> ArtRage folders.
    The file you're looking for is called ArtRage5.prs if you're using ArtRage 5. You could create a backup of the file so that you can place it here in the event of losing settings. Make sure that ArtRage is closed when copying the backup file to the folder to prevent it from being overwritten.

If you have further problems with losing settings, please feel free to email me at [email protected] and let me know the last thing that happened before this occurred, I'd be happy to see what I can do to help troubleshoot the cause.

Hi Dave, I have this happen from time to time also. In fact when I opened a painting to work on just now all my pods had disappeared. It's a nuisance to have to set them up again.

I can't find ArtRage5.prs . This is what I have - and the ArtRage folders are empty.

Name:  roaming.JPG
Views: 320
Size:  17.1 KB

You could create a backup of the file so that you can place it here in the event of losing settings. Make sure that ArtRage is closed when copying the backup file to the folder to prevent it from being overwritten.
    How do I create this backup file and where will I save it?
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Feature Request:

Implement a menu based feature to save and load docking set-ups from inside the program.

@Enug - Open the ArtRage folder you see in your screenshot, the ArtRage5.prs file is in there if you're using ArtRage 5. If you can't see it, email me at [email protected] and I can help, it's possible that the file is being hidden due to Windows settings but I'm sure I can help to locate it.

You can copy it to anywhere, just create a backup folder in a location of your choosing.

@DarkOwnt - Thanks for that! I'll get that added to our list of suggestions now.

Thanks Dave. The AR5 file I hi-lighted is empty - nothing to copy. I'll email you with more screenshots.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]