ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Selected Color and Hue Selector to top of color dialog window?

Selected Color and Hue Selector to top of color dialog window?

Can the Selected Color and Hue Selector be moved to the top of the color dialog window? See image below. Most people are right handed (sorry lefties!) and your hand covers the selected color. Try it and you will see what I mean.

Or, are you using the OS color dialog window for each version of AR and I understand that cannot be changed?

Name:  Screenshot001.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  26.7 KB

Totally Agree!

Totally Agree! Especially when the Hue slider is up there... But don't you think the function of the "Hue color bar" is somehow overlapped with the "Hue slider"? They are essentially the same thing: one with color, one with number.

In https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...ter-and-others I suggested a possibility to preview color ON the slider bar like in Photoshop. Hannah please read

Years ago I also suggested to rotate the square color picker 90 degree to make highlight upward because I just think that way. When your light source is from left and the bright tone is on the right, it really bothers me... well never mind, that's not a big problem. But a fan shaped color picker is silly, just being stylish IMO. One can hardly match a color with its value in a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by gb_whisper View Post
    But a fan shaped color picker is silly, just being stylish IMO. One can hardly match a color with its value in a fan.
    Eh, personally I can't use a square colour picker, it just feels wrong and has too many directions to think about. I only use it when I don't actually care what colour I'm grabbing, or when I need a screenshot. I complained a lot when the default fan shape wasn't an option in docking mode and always use the Tint/tone one there now ;D

Color pickers are one of those things were people tend to have Very Specific Preferences that generally wildly conflict, so we've tried to offer a variety of options rather than designing the One True Color Picker.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!