Thread: Modern Baroque

Modern Baroque

with overwhelming details and rich colors.... just seems like I am in a Baroque period right now!...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Modern Baroque.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	514.9 KB 
ID:	92323  

A modern baroque in an abstract painting with the marvellous and brilliant colors of Guercino's paintings! There's enough light and depth by darks to actually recall the shining and often airy compositions of that period.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    A modern baroque in an abstract painting with the marvellous and brilliant colors of Guercino's paintings! There's enough light and depth by darks to actually recall the shining and often airy compositions of that period.
    Yes I had that feeling about this, I will check out the painter you referenced... you are always a delight with your references to painters I am unfamilar with..

Caesar I love his work.... here is a short YouTube on some of his work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fevhwZ9FFYU
    Last edited by gxhpainter; 02-24-2017 at 01:10 PM.

Love this one! Very cool. Has a feeling that all the tricks you used in the other pic of late were combined harmoniously into a single vision. It works very nicely. Congrats.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Love this one! Very cool. Has a feeling that all the tricks you used in the other pic of late were combined harmoniously into a single vision. It works very nicely. Congrats.

Thanks, very generous praise from you! and very appreciated I felt I put just the right balance of interesting areas ( digital painting tricks ) to areas of luminous color...