Thread: Error trying to install AR5 on 32 bit Vista

Error trying to install AR5 on 32 bit Vista

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Name:  ar5 error.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  29.2 KB
    I do have AR4 installed on this unit (Giving up on 64 bit stuff)
    This is vista business 32 bit OS
    “Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” Pablo Picasso

Hi,
    i got the exact same error some weeks ago.
    The solution for me was to make sure the Os (win 7) was connected with the internet
    while installing AR5. Windows is a security freak that want to assign a valid digital signature
    to any app that'll be installed. No signature no fun

Hope, i could help.

Thanks, I will give that a try but I think I was already connected.....won't hurt to do it again.

Lew

No, changing settings in Internet options did not work.......I had AR5 installed on a 64 bit Win 7 laptop but did not like it because of my plug ins....so, this laptop is running Vista....not XP.....I have no other installation to copy and paste from -- did I just waste my money on AR5?

Didn't MS stop security patching Vista a long time ago? I hope your Vista laptop is not connected to the internet in any way. Otherwise all your computers on the same network as the Vista one are at risks.

Hmm, another computer would be the easiest in this case then. Do you have access to a public library? All you need to do is take the install file with you + install it back onto your portable media, then copy it back to your computer.

(ideally, AR5 should be installed in User > Appdata > roaming > ambient design, but it's just a matter of copying the files to the correct place).

Update

I reinstalled AR5 in my 64 bit computer. I took the install from only the program files directory and pasted it into the same on 32 bit vista desktop.
    It worked along with the filters. I also updated to 5.03 but it still would not install on vista. I repeated the process and now have the update
    on the vista desktop (I don't use it much so I put it on the laptop I use and it worked too).....So, I now have it on 3 of my computers. Is that OK?
    If not, I can delete it from the desktop.

All the rest of my systems are XP or Linux, and one ancient one still running Windows 2000, so it will not even be used on them.

I wonder if Vista should be taken off the system requirements or post a 'forced install' post like XP and AR 4.0

Thanks for your input

Lew

Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    I wonder if Vista should be taken off the system requirements or post a 'forced install' post like XP and AR 4.0
    The problem isn't Vista, which it runs fine on once you get it on there (...as far as we know!), it's that your specific computer has specific issues with the security files/updates, causing a problem with the installation. We've heard of the same issue all the way up to Windows 10. Windows XP needs 4.0 because anything later simply will not work at all.

You're quite welcome to install ArtRage across multiple computers for your own use.