Thread: Latest release of AR5 fails to open for me

Latest release of AR5 fails to open for me

Hi AR team,

This is my second attempt at trying to install and use the newest release of AR5 (downloaded from the members areas). It was late at night when I first tried to install it, so after it had failed to open I chalked it up to a bad download. After removing it, I reinstalled the previous version of AR5 and decided to wait for another day to try it again. After I ran into a bug with the selection tool, I decided I'd give the newer release another shot to see if it may have been fixed already. However, after downloading and installing the newer release for a second time, I'm still unable to open the program. It seems to stall at the "Installing Default Content" stage of the program opening. After leaving it run for about 4 minutes I decided it wasn't going to do anything and had to Ctrl Alt Delete out of it.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Try letting it run a bit longer - the 'Default Content' stage seems to be taking a long time for some people (8-10min), especially if they have a lot of custom content (basically, it's copying and deleting everything).

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Try letting it run a bit longer - the 'Default Content' stage seems to be taking a long time for some people (8-10min), especially if they have a lot of custom content (basically, it's copying and deleting everything).
    Thanks Hannah, that worked. I supposed I just made a lot more custom items than I thought.

And of course... As only my luck would have it, I've managed to get it installed only minutes after the newer new update (5.0.2) has been released, so now I have to go and uninstall it again, lol.

Haha! Well, technically you don't need to uninstall it now it's out of beta And this version isn't updating the default content, so it should install much more quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Haha! Well, technically you don't need to uninstall it now it's out of beta And this version isn't updating the default content, so it should install much more quickly!
    So I can install the newer releases directly over the older ones now? That's helpful

Yup. It's officially Real Software now!