Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else Disappointed?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearce View Post
    Having trouble with lines- glitchy and squiggly.

I use Astropad and Ipad for my drawing surface, that could be the problem.
    I think I'm going back to Artrage 4 along with other apps
    If it's working with ArtRage 4, it might just be a driver settings problem. Go to Edit > ArtRage Preferences > Input Device in both programs and compare the settings.

For example, you may need to make sure only one of Wintab and RealTime Stylus are active, or enable Precise Tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    If it's working with ArtRage 4, it might just be a driver settings problem. Go to Edit > ArtRage Preferences > Input Device in both programs and compare the settings.

For example, you may need to make sure only one of Wintab and RealTime Stylus are active, or enable Precise Tablet.
    Thank you. That's (I guess) what I did. I kept messing about and drawing circles til it clicked.
    I have a Mac, so I suspect I did something like you suggested.

Artrage Brush Size

ArtRage Brush size can be increased upto 500 but some time I need more for larger painting. If it is 1000 it will be good for me
    ArtRage team can think about this issue

Quote Originally Posted by Gfaruque View Post
    ArtRage Brush size can be increased upto 500 but some time I need more for larger painting. If it is 1000 it will be good for me
    ArtRage team can think about this issue
    We're thinking Unfortunately larger brushes use a lot more memory, so it isn't easy to just make them bigger and keep them from being very slow.

If you need to create larger paintings, you can record a script while you paint and then play it back at a larger resolution.

Cool

Gosh... sorry the next spanish expresion "MI DIOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I had 4.5, and I have bought this program since 3.5pro

I was not sure if buy it or not, but when I saw the demo.... I SAID "WTF IS THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

so... bough it.... I have not tried at all yet special the brush tool much easier done than other software I saw

really is a plus this software and costed only 39 buck with the upgrade discount

and I tryed the "lights out" version and definitly my eyes are thanksfull

THANKS ARTRAGE and USERS WISHES is a great great improve this one....

from uruguay - latin america..... this software is worth o buy it reall.... plus... the new spanish translation is much more neutral, like argentinian and uruguayan so I really liked it what we call "neutrall spanish" so go on

yes I m disappointed. Mainly because theres no Manual. Hannah said it herself. Really ppl? I have no time to spend going hunting in the forums. I want to read the fucking manual. Have a problem? Read the manual. I want things that I can follow to trouble shoot. If I cant find it within 5 min I m already angry. Look at how Astute Graphics goes explaining their tools. Perfect 3 min videos about every tool they have. Questions after watching? None.

My biggest peeve with the ArtRage: No text expanding allowed in any context menues, no pasting names from the clipboard into anything in AR. I always need to rename my files in Finder and then AR knows what is supposed to be called. Why in the name of all that is UI can´t I use my text expanders like with every other App I use in my work and why can´t I paste info into the AR menues???

Perspective Grid tool is also driving me mad. editing this to get acurate set up? Nightmare. In my app they do not snap to each other. No matter if I set the hook for snapping or not. I can only try to roughly align these Overlappying Grids? Are these a thing? I try to follow the description on the AR page but shit just does not line up. I simply do not understand the AR thinking sometime. I m faster setting myself up a grid in SketchUp and import into AR.

Next thing, I can´t get transparent .png s out of AR anymore. Whats up with that? Used to be easy, just do not have a bg in the drawing, set the transparency of the canvas to 0% for good measure. I can´t remember the details I spend a day or so when the update came to figure this out and ended up setting up a workaround exporting to PSD and then export transparent PNG from there.

I gotta say, I m a professinal Illustrator but I am on the spectrum so its important to me that I have my things set up nice and smooth. When an update comes and shit just stops working or is not explained why where and what I m just getting really frustrated really fast. I do not have the time or headspace to go hunting the forums for answers to how to use a tool I just paid money for AGAIN. I REALLY wish AR would offer a comprehensive training DVD / Video like you can find for Illustrator and Painter and things on places like Lynda.com or Video2Brain.
    Last edited by whitebbwolf; 04-11-2017 at 05:36 AM.

Yup, what whitebbwolf said.

I had to really search the site to find the tut on the perspective tool, because I couldn't find a 3pt option (disappointing). I did a forum search on the word "perspective" and NOTHING came up. I did a DuckDuck search and a link to a recent post on 3pt perspective in this forum came up. That's just ...disappointing.

I want so badly to love AR, I really do, but it's stuff like this that, to me, keeps it in the realm of the amateur. I have to keep putting my toe back into a pro app to do something that should be simple in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by tobor68 View Post
    I had to really search the site to find the tut on the perspective tool, because I couldn't find a 3pt option (disappointing). I did a forum search on the word "perspective" and NOTHING came up. I did a DuckDuck search and a link to a recent post on 3pt perspective in this forum came up. That's just ...disappointing.

I want so badly to love AR, I really do, but it's stuff like this that, to me, keeps it in the realm of the amateur. I have to keep putting my toe back into a pro app to do something that should be simple in 2017.
    Did you find this one? https://www.artrage.com/manuals/gett...e/perspective/

I never said we didn't have a manual, I said we didn't have a full manual in the program. We do have a comprehensive manual, but it has its own section on the site, and each feature has its own page to allow us to cover it in detail. We don't expect people to find tutorials in the forums (although we're happy to answer questions posted here).
    https://www.artrage.com/manuals/gett...arted-artrage/

The final page of the PDF in ArtRage 5 directs you online to more detailed resources.

If you take a look at the online manuals, you'll see that there's a lot of content there - separating it out into separate pages instead of one giant PDF document makes it far more accessible, allows us to update it as needed (especially in the beginning, some details in ArtRage 5 have already changed since it was released), and let us add more images, videos and links to more resources. Each page can be printed/downloaded, if you prefer saving everything locally.

We also have a lot of videos over here (many of which now appear in the manual for the relevant features).
    https://www.youtube.com/user/ArtRage...view=0&sort=dd and many more from other users collected in the playlists. I'll be creating more, but we're a tiny team and I'm the only person creating videos and tutorials, so unless you have a specific request, it will take a while before all the features are covered in videos.

The old ArtRage 4 manual was enormous and almost all of it still applies to ArtRage 5, so we've concentrated on writing content for the new features. Over time, we'll be updating the online pages to focus entirely on ArtRage 5.

I know you've contacted us by email as well, but I wanted to answer here too in case other people have similar questions.

Quote Originally Posted by whitebbwolf View Post
    Perfect 3 min videos about every tool they have. Questions after watching? None.

I REALLY wish AR would offer a comprehensive training DVD / Video like you can find for Illustrator and Painter and things on places like Lynda.com or Video2Brain.

You can find ArtRage tutorials on Lynda.com, as well as a few other places. Take a look at https://www.artrage.com/tutorials/ and check out the 'courses' section down the bottom. While most of them are ArtRage 4, that still covers about 80% of ArtRage 5 and there are some very good tutorials in there. The creators also need time to make new courses - ArtRage 5 is very new, and they'll be getting to know the program still.

We're a very, very small company and don't really have the budget to commission a full video series covering every single feature, but we're doing our best to support artists who are creating tutorials, create our own resources and organise existing resources.

This playlist focuses on ArtRage 5: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...jRtRtm6rYMIe3K

These playlists cover specific tools and features:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/ArtRage...=50&shelf_id=5

My biggest peeve with the ArtRage: No text expanding allowed in any context menues, no pasting names from the clipboard into anything in AR. I always need to rename my files in Finder and then AR knows what is supposed to be called. Why in the name of all that is UI can´t I use my text expanders like with every other App I use in my work and why can´t I paste info into the AR menues???
    Honestly, I'm not sure what you're describing. You can definitely paste text and images into ArtRage, but if you're using a custom app then it may not be something we specifically support. If you can't paste anything, then that sounds like a bug of some kind.

Perspective Grid tool is also driving me mad. editing this to get acurate set up? Nightmare. In my app they do not snap to each other.
    The 'snap to' is quite subtle, it applies when you bring the corners/lines close to each other (otherwise you wouldn't be able to do any freestanding planes!).

Watch this video from 30 seconds in to see it in action:
    https://youtu.be/TWtNp3pKBKw?list=PL...nVSqR7aY6&t=26

The perspective editing is a little complicated at first glance (it has to be, unfortunately, it has a lot of options), but it does work well once you know what you're doing.

Next thing, I can´t get transparent .png s out of AR anymore. Whats up with that? Used to be easy, just do not have a bg in the drawing, set the transparency of the canvas to 0% for good measure. I can´t remember the details I spend a day or so when the update came to figure this out and ended up setting up a workaround exporting to PSD and then export transparent PNG from there.
    Again, this should definitely be working for you. You can export transparent PNGs by either:

- exporting a single layer from the layers menu, which will be transparent by default (bonus: use the Selection tool to select an area, then export that layer and it will only export the selected area)
    - changing the canvas opacity to 0% (in View > Canvas Settings) and export as a PNG

If that's not working for you, something is wrong. We haven't had anyone reporting issues with export, so it might be something specific to your computer; it would help to know if ArtRage 4 exports normally for you or not.

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    1) Tricky to add, but I'd like something like that too (currently I set up one layer and duplicate it if I know I want many of the same blend mode). I'm not sure it will be possible, but it's something for the suggestions list.

You can click on the icon for an active blend mode to open the list, which is a little quicker than the full menu route.

Attachment 92551

2) If layers are locked using 'lock all', that means they are unable to be changed for any reason. If you do not want to lock the *position* and use Transform, change the lock type to 'lock paint'.

3) Can you send us some examples? We do have some German speakers who can check, but they aren't involved in developing ArtRage 5, so we'd need to tell them exactly where to look.
    Ok, thank you for your Tipp with #1 & #2

I'm a german too ...

My Suggestions:

Tools/Werkzeuge

CUSTOM BRUSH /// Kundenspezifischer Pinsel, this sounds not good, because KUNDE is in german a person - often known as a client, buyer, or purchaser - In sales, commerce and economics. My Suggestion:
    "benutzerdefinerter Pinsel" or "Benutzerpinsel" or similar to german Photoshop "individueller Pinsel" sounds better!

The same with Costum ColorSelection, not "Kundenspezifischer Farbauswähler" - "individueller Farbauswähler" sounds better also.

View/Ansicht
    "Guides", I would use instead of "Anleitung", "Frame" "Führungen" - Hilfslinie (singular) or Hilfslinien(Plural) like in Photoshop. It sounds better too. Guide/s => Hilfslinie/n

CoustumBrushes/BrushDesigner
    instead of "Nullstellen" please "Zurücksetzen" or like in English "Reset", Reset is used in German als very often in the IT Language

Maybe also better
    Brush/Designer Pinsel/Designer
    "Tupfen Abstand" - in Photoshop the same it is called just "Abstand" and in Photoshop it is called "Streuung" instead of "Flattern". I think also that "Pinsel(form) Abstand" would be sounds better like only "Abstand". And maybe dont write "Tupfen" - "Pinselform" sounds for me also better. Tupfen und Flattern, I don't like it

Gradients / "Neigungen Ordner"
    ... Neigungen sounds not like Gradients, Neigungen this word means in german an "inclinations angle" or " personal interests and preferences" It sounds just wrong. Please call it "Farbverlaufs-Ordner" and not "Neigungen Ordner".

Instead of "Tafel" use "Palette" but Tafel ... hmmm, sounds not very good - I don't know this word in other german software tools. U did read Palette also often in german (e.g. in Photoshop) - e.g. "Werkzeugpalette", but I would replace the "layout Tafel" with Layout or Layout Palette" too and "Klassischer Modus Tafeln" I would replace " with Klassischer Paletten Modus".
    Last edited by Zeropainter; 04-13-2017 at 02:42 AM.